Register free!

Old 02-22-2007, 06:21 AM
LawnSite Member

The Suzuki is the cheapest out right now price wise. The reviews are not bad on them just that the are more narrow than the others. I am not sure how much the Arctic Cat is though. My friend has the grizzly 660 He always get stuck in water and has to wait a couple of hrs. for it to dry. Honda never gets stuck but Honda is too expensive for me.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:12 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetCamaro View Post
I bought a Honda Recon 250 brand new in spring of 05. It has been flawless and runs great. Jason is right about the size and weight. I can manuver this thing through tight areas and I can throw it around. It was my first quad so I wanted to start small and cheap. I am at the point now I am wanting a larger 4X4 but i have so much fun on this little 250 that I will probably hold out another year or two. With the ITP Mudlight tires on the back it does really well in mud considering its a 2WD.

Hey Prostreet, take it from a LONG time atv rider, IF you can afford to buy a bigger 4X4 AND keep the recon- do it You will love having the ablity to jump off your 4X4 and jump on the little 2 wheel drive and play around. If you look at the yahoo photos in my signature you can see two projectquads I built. The green 300 was a stock 94 that Ibought new 97 plastic and put on it, stick stoppers homade fllorboards, homade heat shield, K& N power and jet kit, bigger mud tires, etc. The other is a Honda 250X frame with a 200M 3 wheeler motor and tranny. It had electric start and auto clutch like your recon. I called it a 250XMES!
Old 02-22-2007, 12:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

POLARIS SON!!! haha
Old 02-22-2007, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

We have Polaris, Suzuki and Yamaha. We really like the 400 Eiger and are considering a new 500 this summer. Just sold a 400 Scrambler, too many little things going wrong. 98 and rode hard before we got it.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

the eiger was number 1 400 4x4 for 2005 good little machine and would have bought that instead of the AC in 06 but they made me such a good deal on the AC that I fell in Love with it. Now 1800 miles and some change it still runs and looks like it was new. Just about need some new tires on it and the mud lites are looking good.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:19 AM
LawnSite Member

HONDA ride red, They hold value well and i have had them since 1986 no major problems
Old 02-23-2007, 06:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Anybody see the new issue of QUAD? Look that the Polaris side x side with a 800 EFI. That thing looks baaad! I own a Sportsman 500. Its a 2002 and has had a clutch put in it because of plowing.
Other than that no major problems. Fuju Heavy Industries makes the motors for Polaris and they hold forever.
Sorry for being such a Polaris ra... I love em.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wright View Post
I bought the King Quad 450 for moving snow on sidewalks and around buildings. So far so good.

Tim
Its ok Tim... you can admit you bought it to tear up trails. lol

You made wise decision because of the EFI but how does it hold polwing with only a 450? the 500HO I have sometimes had trouble if it got heavy.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willofalltrades View Post
Its ok Tim... you can admit you bought it to tear up trails. lol

You made wise decision because of the EFI but how does it hold polwing with only a 450? the 500HO I have sometimes had trouble if it got heavy.
I am not really sure yet because what we got this year was ice and nothing but my tractor moved that stuff.

At the rate things are going, all I will be doing is tearing up the trails. My two employees took me for a ride, nearly cost me all of my contracts and a big mess, so it is back to me doing business by myself. So I can only use one machine, truck or tractor at a time.

Tim
Old 02-24-2007, 02:56 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wright View Post
At the rate things are going, all I will be doing is tearing up the trails. My two employees took me for a ride, nearly cost me all of my contracts and a big mess, so it is back to me doing business by myself. So I can only use one machine, truck or tractor at a time.

Tim
Yikes!! Next time a situation like that comes around get that ATV out and go for a trail ride. Its so relaxing if you go at a comfortable pace. You forget your problems and worry what trail to take next lol.
I would wager a guess the ATV you have sips fuel?