Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-25-2007, 12:16 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot4819 View Post
kingsbury, i found a AWNING company in the area that makes them, all medal framing, and a heavy canvas/vynal material. a heavy grade mesh on top for a ventalation place. everything said and done for 1500 bucks, cant beat it, looks 100 times better then the ol plywood box and will last for years. if anyone wants to know the compant let me know i will hook you up and once mine gets done i will send you pics.

$1,500 Yikes I have seen a set up like that -It does look nice but how usefull is the dump truck with that always on there? What happens if you catch a tree? My plywood box was 250 for everything and is going on 4-5years now. Now it isn't the prettiest but it puts and keeps alot of money in my pocket.
my .02
Joel
www.saunderslawn.com
Old 08-25-2007, 12:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

jsaunders, honestly 1500 bucks isnt that much money for a set up like that, and also it comes of in about 5 minutes and 2 guys, i am very stubborn when it comes to my business and i like things looking it best. and i think there will be others to chime in and agree.

i just spoke with another landscaper i know and he is also doing the same setup.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:36 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks nice! Something to keep in mind for down the road when i get a dump and a leaf/debri loader... or i can just borrow Joels f-550
Certified ICPI installer
Member NHLA & IAHP

Kingsbury Landscape & Design LLC-owner
Deep Roots Hydroseeding LLC-Partner

http://kingsburylandscapedesign.com
http://deeprootsllc.com/
603-393-7568
Old 08-25-2007, 12:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

thats what this is going on f550,
Old 08-25-2007, 01:22 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot4819 View Post
thats what this is going on f550,
Hotshot -my above post was before I saw the pics you posted- yes it is very nice.
If it is a quick take off/on I would be interested is seeing the finished product. I have never had a problem with venting on mine with only the top mesh.

Strongly consider mounting the leaf loader on the front of the truck- so much easier and you still get to haul the trailer as well. I mount my 23 hp billy goat in the front of my f550. If the leaves are dry 2 guys can't feed it fast enough

Feel free to leave more awning info.
Joel
www.saunderslawn.com
Old 08-25-2007, 09:18 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

well the billy got setup has brackets to hang on the dump lid, and it sits high enuf to where it should be possible to have the trailer on at the same time, or am i mistaken?

the company making it is image awnings in dover,nh i dont have the number on me its at the shop but if anyone wants it just give tell me, the told me they would have it ready to go in 2 weeks, just have to bring the truck over so they can get a few measurements.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Cut-ABOVE View Post
I am going to PM eveybody directions to my house, if you need further help just let me know, or if I miss anyone let me know...
Sorry, I'm not going to be able to make it to the cookout tomorrow. I'm meeting a dirt guy (K & K) at the job that Jason and I are working on tomorrow to go over where the work will be done. After that I need to watch my kids while my wife gets ready for back to school stuff - her first day of student teaching is Monday.

Keep me in mind for the next gathering and have fun.

Chris
Old 08-25-2007, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

chris i left you a message of hydroseeding.org, let me know if you need anything, i deff would be willing to help you out.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Roots View Post
Sorry, I'm not going to be able to make it to the cookout tomorrow. I'm meeting a dirt guy (K & K) at the job that Jason and I are working on tomorrow to go over where the work will be done. After that I need to watch my kids while my wife gets ready for back to school stuff - her first day of student teaching is Monday.

Keep me in mind for the next gathering and have fun.

Chris
Sorry to hear that. Im going to stop by that job tomorrow and throw up a lawn sign before the bbq so i might see u there.
Also, good news! went to the Concord job thursday and there was a few sprouts, stopped in today and it is coming in quick! Just wanted to say great job! Bet the customer now is regretting arguing with you lol.
Certified ICPI installer
Member NHLA & IAHP

Kingsbury Landscape & Design LLC-owner
Deep Roots Hydroseeding LLC-Partner

http://kingsburylandscapedesign.com
http://deeprootsllc.com/
603-393-7568
Old 08-25-2007, 11:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

jason, just for some quick info, on a situation like that with sprouts, you can usally do a quick broadcast with another starter, i use 18-24-12 and you will see it kick in overdrive real quick, i really push my customers to pay the extra money and have the fallow up fert done around 2 weeks( my normal growth sign). however i really push for a top quility result, if the customers wants the best, then the will take the extra charge without a problem, if they dont care then you atleast tried. any new lawn install, expecially hydroseed should have a firsst year fertilizer program, about 80% of my customers are willing to do it, and its good money in my pocket. i actually might buy the riding fertilizer from lesco just because of it, next yea anyways.