Old 02-14-2009, 02:55 PM
LawnSite Member

seminars

hello NH, I am looking for some seminars or shows
Old 02-14-2009, 03:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot4819 View Post
I know it all sounds great, with these CHEAP tanks you guys have looked at, but dont get sucked into the sales pitch, do you buy everything you see they sell on the qvc.
Zach--I dont believe that the system Jason and I bought from Chris is really a "CHEAP" tank. Weren't you looking to buy it at one time? You do have alot more experience with hydro seeding than I do for SURE, but that's part of this type of business sometimes you need to test out the waters in all aspect of landscaping. If we find out that the profit is not there, then we just don't go on with it anymore.

www.4daughterslandscape.com
Old 02-14-2009, 05:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

NH.BOY.
I was looking at that unit for a Watering Tank.
Everything i spray is 70/30 mulch, or 100% wood. The machine you have is a turbo turf unit, that has no chance of pumping the mixture i need at the proper rate per acre.
By all means, i dont mind people getting into it, i have more then enough work. thats not what bothers me. There are allot of hidden cost that people arnt aware of when they purchase a 8 thousand dollar machine, thats why you SEE ALOT of the Plastic tanks for sale on craigslist.

And by all means if you have questions feel free to call me for some answers,
i would much rather see you guys last then go under,

My intentions are to inform not to make people turn away
Old 02-14-2009, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot4819 View Post
NH.BOY.
I was looking at that unit for a Watering Tank.
Everything i spray is 70/30 mulch, or 100% wood. The machine you have is a turbo turf unit, that has no chance of pumping the mixture i need at the proper rate per acre.
By all means, i dont mind people getting into it, i have more then enough work. thats not what bothers me. There are allot of hidden cost that people arnt aware of when they purchase a 8 thousand dollar machine, thats why you SEE ALOT of the Plastic tanks for sale on craigslist.

And by all means if you have questions feel free to call me for some answers,
i would much rather see you guys last then go under,

My intentions are to inform not to make people turn away
VERY WELL SAID THANK YOU!!!!!!!

www.4daughterslandscape.com
Old 02-15-2009, 12:06 PM
LawnSite Member

I have to chime in here and say that yes you can make good money doing lawns with the "plastic tanks" . Every unit has there limits. I own two and can spray 70/30 in one and not the other. I think its great that you guys want to test the waters and hydroseeding can be very rewarding. Like zach said there are hidden costs and if your gonna do it do it right. There is definately a learing curve. My biggest advice is not to low ball. It just brings down everyone in the hydroseeding business. I see some guys charging 5 cents a square foot and i just shake my head. Its really not all its cracked up to be but ive been doing it for a long time and finally have all the kinks worked out like im sure zach does. Its a science people. Do your homework, dont low ball, and youll do just fine.
Good Luck
Bill
Old 02-15-2009, 12:10 PM
LawnSite Member

oh and zack not all TT are created equal I have the 27 horse koler which is very comparable to your easy lawn
Old 02-15-2009, 03:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Bill, I have seen turbo turfs spray 70/30. however at what rate per acre.
how many bales do you put in your tank, what size tank is it, and how many tanks for you to do an acre?
I shoot everything at a minimum of 2000lbs an acre, like to be at the 2500 on high end stuff.

Bill.
I might have a new Tackifier that i am selling that you might want to try out. contact me on it.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Zack, I usually put in 4 bales of 70/30 to cover 5000 sq ft. (500 gal tank) I like to put it on thick. Are you still doing the dirt glue?? Is that the tack you are referring to?

I could probably go heavier the 70 30 seems to mix better and faster that 100 percent paper.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ya, the paper, i have never liked, which is the reason i have a negative attitude towards the machines that can only run that material.
It creates a Slurry that is to much like paper mache, to get any erosion control or water rention with paper, you need to go heavy on the bales, the downside, is the machine will usually have trouble pumping, and sometimes with a heavy mix of paper you can actually smother the seed.

Yes, its dirt glue. The have a Liquid and powder form now. I am still a distributer, crunching the numbers and for the few extra bucks, i think i myself and going to run it ALOT more.

On a side note, this DIRTGLUE company, actually has a Binder for Paver and patio jobs now, i can get some more information if any of the guys that do that work want it, greenmonster,kings, ken?
Old 02-15-2009, 06:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Zack do you still have my email? Send me some info and pricing. I would definitely be up for trying it. I agree the 70 30 is a far superior mulch. I've had great results using it.