Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-08-2007, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Haha Ken wait until i tell you about the way my day went with the customer i had...
Certified ICPI installer
Member NHLA & IAHP

Kingsbury Landscape & Design LLC-owner
Deep Roots Hydroseeding LLC-Partner

http://kingsburylandscapedesign.com
http://deeprootsllc.com/
603-393-7568
Old 06-08-2007, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

sorry guys let me refraise all of this, i didnt realize my grammer was being checked. i saw one of your trucks. it looked like a chevy, red, and had a cut above on it, i saw it right before i pulled into dunkin donuts. i acutally have no clue where i was all i know i was about 10 mins from the job i did on deer haven road in moultonborough.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot4819 View Post
sorry guys let me refraise all of this, i didnt realize my grammer was being checked. i saw one of your trucks. it looked like a chevy, red, and had a cut above on it, i saw it right before i pulled into dunkin donuts. i acutally have no clue where i was all i know i was about 10 mins from the job i did on deer haven road in moultonborough.
I bet it was this afternoon in meredith across from the high school. thats just up the road from a dunkins, would of been a small kid with blonde hair out front weedwacking. next time stop by and say hi....
2000 Ford F-550
97 GMC 3500 Rack/dump w/9 Diamond plow
Snoex 8000 sander (Sold)
And a bunch of other junk.
Dog, Wife, Kid
Old 06-09-2007, 07:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

yea it was a small blonde kid right up the road like you said, i will stop in next time. i was just in a rush on getting back home to do some qoutes. next time i will. yea the job was worth it up there.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:07 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot4819 View Post
Nope wasn't your grammer... Ken and I just like to bicker alot.
Certified ICPI installer
Member NHLA & IAHP

Kingsbury Landscape & Design LLC-owner
Deep Roots Hydroseeding LLC-Partner

http://kingsburylandscapedesign.com
http://deeprootsllc.com/
603-393-7568
Old 06-10-2007, 07:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

[QUOTE=KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC;1857896]Nope wasn't your grammer... Ken and I just like to bicker alot.[/QUOTE

we are kind of like grumpy old men, except im not that old and he is,

hotshot stop by and say hi next time, Im always aroiund this area, I try not to travel to far.
2000 Ford F-550
Snoex 8000 sander (Sold)
Dog, Wife, Kid
Old 06-13-2007, 04:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Shift in the Market?

Hi Guys,
I've been following the local thread all winter, but kinda lost touch with my computer once the snow melted...

Now that we got all the cleanups done, crisises averted and the customers are happy for a few minutes we're looking at company growth and renewal of the customer base (a couple moved away or passed away, etc.). We seem to be seeing a trend of sorts, and I'm trying to figure out if it is just perception, or real and if so and due to a changing local economy, or just stupid weather: in the last 10+ years we always got calls for new projects/installs in April/May when no one had any time to deal with them. This year there has been a few small new contacts, but no big calls (which we would have had to turn down - but that is not my point). I'm trying to figure out whether folks just aren't spending like they have been, or the summer residents haven't gotten into the swing of the summer season yet.

Have any of you notice a shift like this?

For what it's worth, our perspective is from 12 years in business, 3-4 guys on payroll crew, solid customer base with little turnover, just finally got new(er) trucks with sharp lettering... We always had more work that we knew what to do with; we are busy as ever, but the margin seems to be smaller. Wolfeboro Area.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakesregionscapes View Post
Hi Guys,
I've been following the local thread all winter, but kinda lost touch with my computer once the snow melted...

Now that we got all the cleanups done, crisises averted and the customers are happy for a few minutes we're looking at company growth and renewal of the customer base (a couple moved away or passed away, etc.). We seem to be seeing a trend of sorts, and I'm trying to figure out if it is just perception, or real and if so and due to a changing local economy, or just stupid weather: in the last 10+ years we always got calls for new projects/installs in April/May when no one had any time to deal with them. This year there has been a few small new contacts, but no big calls (which we would have had to turn down - but that is not my point). I'm trying to figure out whether folks just aren't spending like they have been, or the summer residents haven't gotten into the swing of the summer season yet.

For what it's worth, our perspective is from 12 years in business, 3-4 guys on payroll crew, solid customer base with little turnover, just finally got new(er) trucks with sharp lettering... We always had more work that we knew what to do with; we are busy as ever, but the margin seems to be smaller. Wolfeboro Area.
Hey welcome back--I have'nt had much install's but I have had alot more mowing customers. Our good friend Kingsbury has had alot of install projects and new lawns and such..more than he wanted , but he gets through it all. I'm sure he will chime in when he gets time, but from my end the customers this year still have the money around. See ya around SCOTT HASKINS

www.4daughterslandscape.com
Old 06-13-2007, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think the people that live around the lake yr round are being a little more frugal this yr. Doing small jobs, or even trying things themselfs. The people with the big houses that done live here might tend to do more work , as this is just throw away money for them.
Also with the houseing market the way it is less houses turning over , people might be more inclined to fix up thier house rather than try and sell it. So once people start to look at the budget and what they can afford after thier vacations , more jobs might pop up???

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakesregionscapes View Post
Hi Guys,

2000 Ford F-550
Snoex 8000 sander (Sold)
Dog, Wife, Kid
Old 06-13-2007, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Scott whats going on? Long time no see. Hows it going?
2000 Ford F-550
Snoex 8000 sander (Sold)
Dog, Wife, Kid