Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-26-2008, 03:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I know that equipment costs are going to vary greatly, i was just wondering what the paperwork(legal fees) cost to form an LLC. Was just hoping to get a ballpark here before I go lawyer hunting.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulup View Post
I know that equipment costs are going to vary greatly, i was just wondering what the paperwork(legal fees) cost to form an LLC. Was just hoping to get a ballpark here before I go lawyer hunting.
if i remember right bout $400-$600. CALandscapes help me out!!

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 03-26-2008, 05:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It cost me $0.00 to get my LLC documentation.

Go to the Secretary of State's website and they'll walk you through it. (I do think there may be like a $20 or $100 fee on there).

Don't waste your money on a lawyer.

If you have more questions, PM them to me and I'll try and remember as best I can the steps I took for it.

Also, licensing tests are offered occasionally in other cities besides Baton Rouge, but, IMO it's easiest to go to the Ag Center in BR and take them there (they offer several testing times a week).
Old 03-26-2008, 06:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALandscapes View Post

Go to the Secretary of State's website and they'll walk you through it. (I do think there may be like a $20 or $100 fee on there).

If you have more questions, PM them to me and I'll try and remember as best I can the steps I took for it.

Also, licensing tests are offered occasionally in other cities besides Baton Rouge, but, IMO it's easiest to go to the Ag Center in BR and take them there (they offer several testing times a week).
Thanks CALandscapes, Off hand do you remember the name of the license I need? They have like six different licenses, I assume horticulture is to sell flowers, arborist is to trim trees, utility arborist is to cut trees near utility services, etc.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:58 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
ive got about $40,000 invested in my company . I dont remember wht it cost me to start up . tht was 3 years ago.

best of luck to you
Wow that's a lot! I probably have close to $20,000 invested after I get my new trailer and exmark 46". I'm probably going to get the same model you have. My exmark dealer is Bob's in metarie.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALandscapes View Post

Thanks for the info! I might get a llc done this year. I'm taking Hort. certification this fall at delgado so I can my landscape contractor's licence.
I still have the stihl 85 if you're interested. let me know.

Scott
Old 03-26-2008, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Horticulturist/Landscape Contract are virtually the same; I believe the only notable difference is that to trim ornamentals you need a horticulturist license, and I believe that a LC license opens you up to subbing out work and such (I think).
These licenses are necessary for doing any planting.

Irrigation Contractor is to do irrigation work.

Arborist is to trim trees.

Chem. Applicator is to apply ANY chemicals (LC/Hort does not license you for any chemical application).

I believe that you're correct on Utility Arborist; it's to trim near electrical lines, etc.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S man View Post
Wow that's a lot! I probably have close to $20,000 invested after I get my new trailer and exmark 46". I'm probably going to get the same model you have. My exmark dealer is Bob's in metarie.
If it makes you'll feel any better I'm sitting at right around the $200k mark.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Okay sounds good. Now, the poster above you is kind of throwing me off. Do i need to take courses in order to get a license(aside from landscape architect, i know you need a degree) or can i just study for the test and attain my license by passing?
Old 03-26-2008, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S man View Post
I still have the stihl 85 if you're interested. let me know.
I will let you know. Sorry that I haven't gotten back to you; I've been SWAMPED (tis the season).

I'm trying to put together another maintenance rig/crew; when I do, if you still have it, I'd be happy to take it off of your hands).

Also, if anyone is interested in a JOB, I'm looking for a maintenance/install foreman with 2+ years experience, STRONG work ethic, bi-lingual a plus.

Pay will be based on experience with bonus incentives. [Opportunity to make $40k+/year]

If interested, please PM me or call Chase @ (504) 275-6617.