Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-03-2008, 11:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by handymanlawncare View Post
I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. "only one client" I ran an add in the classifieds. I have not take thDuring this time I have picked up 15 more, I am only doing this part time. I would like a saturday off. I am having trouble turning clients down. I sure could use a baseline for how to to price these yards. I cut two acres and weed eated for 300 and I felt that I may have overcharged the lady, but her grass was waste high so now that I am through I think another 100 should have been in order. I did have to hire some help, or I would still be there.
Just noticed this post. I cut 2 acres and weed eat for 70 if its wide open with nothing but a driveway and house, so you're either really high or i'm way too low.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Paul, I have some large acreage commercial sites west of the airport I'd be willing to sub to you at that rate (you're saying $35/acre). They total to about 15 acres.

Send me a PM if you're interested.

-Chase
Old 05-04-2008, 08:40 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S man View Post
Where do you live in la? Your sig says you are a redmax user. What redmax stuff do you have? I love their back pack blowers. Have two 7001s.
In Ouachita parish. I need to change that signature, changing everything over to Sthil. Used Redmax for many years but I have come to the conclusion it is not as durable as Sthil.
Old 05-04-2008, 04:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALandscapes View Post
Paul, I have some large acreage commercial sites west of the airport I'd be willing to sub to you at that rate (you're saying $35/acre). They total to about 15 acres.

-Chase
I charge 45 for the first acre and 25 for additional acres, then a surcharge if there is much more trimming than just the house/driveway. I live in the country, telling someone its going to cost them $150 to cut their grass is almost as bad as pissing on their doorstep.

As for your big ones, I'm 40 miles + away from Armstrong, so I'd definitely have to charge more then my usual rate.
Old 05-04-2008, 04:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:

-Chase
you lookin to sub out work chase??

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 05-04-2008, 09:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
you lookin to sub out work chase??
At the rate he's offering; yes.

I have a guy cutting some large properties for me west of the airport; he bush hogs em, but they're kept short enough they could be mowed with a ZTR.

It makes more sense for me to sub out the work than to have my guys do it...

You looking to pick some work up?
Old 05-04-2008, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:

I have a guy cutting some large properties for me west of the airport; he bush hogs em, but they're kept short enough they could be mowed with a ZTR.

If it was enough work, I'd buy a 72" Ferris and drive there just so I can use the machine on wide open fields. Everyone and their grandmother here has a damned tractor and bush hog.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:

yea im lookin to go fulltime and finish my Hort degree

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 05-06-2008, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Is anyone looking for clean up jobs. Bed work, trimming, mulching, etc. I have a couple of customers that need some clean up. Since I only spray and fertilize gardens and lawns, I'm looking to past this work to someone else. Most of my work is in Uptown, Old Metairie, and Garden District. Any takers?????
Old 05-06-2008, 11:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KACYDS View Post
Is anyone looking for clean up jobs. Bed work, trimming, mulching, etc. I have a couple of customers that need some clean up. Since I only spray and fertilize gardens and lawns, I'm looking to past this work to someone else. Most of my work is in Uptown, Old Metairie, and Garden District. Any takers?????
I'd be interested KACYDS.

Also, I have several customers that I'd be happy to send your way for spraying services; they're currently with Lobb's and never have a good word to say.

Please give me a call @ 504-276-6617.

Thanks,

Chase