Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-14-2009, 06:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Brandon View Post
Lol we got our rain. Looks like I'll be doing some weekend mowing! How are yall guys doing krazy,kacyds,chase,robert, david??
It was hit and miss. Can get any rain at my house thou......

LSU Horticulture Degree
Commercial State License
Turf and Ornamental Spray License

Spray Services offered:
-Insect Control
-Fertilization
-Weed Control
-Disease Control
-Soil Testing
Old 05-14-2009, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I was out tilling up a 1 acre lot today , it had about 20 loads of that ole red clay hauled on it and they want me to bust it up so it can be worked that crap is hard as cement , need it to rain bad and soften it up some so I can get it done ... I kinda got caught up to kris , where I can at least catch my breath now , I was running and gunning so much last month I literally was forgetting what day of the week it was , thats because I been working 7 days a week for the last 6 weeks or so with the work load I had , I will definitely be slowing up now , my drivers just told me today that the corp is running em out of the spillway and they all had to start hauling their equipment out today ... No dirt nothing to spread I'm glad yall have all been busy though ... good to see yall posting again .
Old 05-14-2009, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm doing this job for a guy, he wanted a bunch of sticks and leftover hurricane debris taken out of his backyard. Well, that was a beast, but I did it.

Now's the part I can't do. He wants me to trim his legustroms (sp?), and he sprayed them with roundup to take them back, but now they're covered in the dead plant material and he wants me to remove that. I tried the hedge trimmers and the chainsaw and I couldn't even put a dent in it. It's just a bunch of brush with dead stuff underneath it. I'm wondering if I need one of those stick chainsaws or what?
Old 05-14-2009, 11:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

post a picture and show us what your talking about , maybe a skid w/ a grapple attachment could clean it all out ... and load it in a dump trailer and haul it all away ...
Old 05-15-2009, 01:17 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph84 View Post
I'm doing this job for a guy, he wanted a bunch of sticks and leftover hurricane debris taken out of his backyard. Well, that was a beast, but I did it.

Now's the part I can't do. He wants me to trim his legustroms (sp?), and he sprayed them with roundup to take them back, but now they're covered in the dead plant material and he wants me to remove that. I tried the hedge trimmers and the chainsaw and I couldn't even put a dent in it. It's just a bunch of brush with dead stuff underneath it. I'm wondering if I need one of those stick chainsaws or what?

Does he want you to trim the ligustrum or remove the ligustrum? Considering that you said he sprayed them, it sounds more like a removal job (if it's not, you need to educate him NOT to spray Round-up on plants that he doesn't want to DIE). A hand-held chain saw can be used to remove them at the base of the trunks, and, depending on the size of the shrubs/trees (ligustrum can be grown in either form), may need to have the trunks ground out of removed using a machine (like David's RC-30 ). If you're trying to TRIM them, however, the type of equipment would depend on the size of the plants and the type of trimming that you're doing. If they're mature, tree forms and the owner wants to drastically cut back, I'd suggest using a polesaw (and possible a step ladder).

Hope this helps!

-Chase
Old 05-15-2009, 05:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thank God got just enough rain today to soften the ground up , and I was able to get it finished up , tomorrow is all day bushogging for me , and for now I get a break from the dirt until the river drops again and the spillway dries out ... Hey Chase check out henderson auctions in livingston's site they have an auction coming up next week and have tons of heavy equipment , dump trailers and such , I saw a brand new 6x10 on the site too thats gonna get run throough the auction also , I got my eyes on a nice cat 304 mini ex w/ only 650 ish hours I am gonna try and get it if its tight and aint leaking all over the place ... http://www.hendersonauctions.com/ maybe I'll see ya their ...
Old 05-19-2009, 01:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Not mowing today(how did that happen?)...first day in a while but I do have a few estimates scheduled for after lunch....then it's back to the grind for at least another five days.

Chad Clark
225-257-5566
chad@clarkunlimited.com
www.clarkunlimited.com
www.facebook.com/culawns
La. Licensed Landscape Horticulturist
La. Licensed Ornamental & Turf Pesticide Applicator
La. Licensed Irrigation Contractor
Old 05-19-2009, 01:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnltractor View Post
Thank God got just enough rain today to soften the ground up , and I was able to get it finished up , tomorrow is all day bushogging for me , and for now I get a break from the dirt until the river drops again and the spillway dries out ... Hey Chase check out henderson auctions in livingston's site they have an auction coming up next week and have tons of heavy equipment , dump trailers and such , I saw a brand new 6x10 on the site too thats gonna get run throough the auction also , I got my eyes on a nice cat 304 mini ex w/ only 650 ish hours I am gonna try and get it if its tight and aint leaking all over the place ... http://www.hendersonauctions.com/ maybe I'll see ya their ...
I'm loving the Chevy 5500 crew-cab dump... I wish I could figure out about how much $$ it's gonna go for before I drive up to Henderson, though...
Old 05-19-2009, 02:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Chase,

Every get a call from that lady in Old Metaire?

Kris

LSU Horticulture Degree
Commercial State License
Turf and Ornamental Spray License

Spray Services offered:
-Insect Control
-Fertilization
-Weed Control
-Disease Control
-Soil Testing
Old 05-20-2009, 12:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm going thursday Chase , gonna try and get a good mini excavator . did you see the big bee dump trailer that suckers brand new ... I can't wait to see what it goes for.