Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 03-02-2007, 11:59 PM
Big Bad Bob's Avatar
Big Bad Bob Big Bad Bob is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: zone 5
Posts: 1,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by mow2nd View Post
A HOMEOWENER CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT TO THEIR OWN LAWN. HOWEVER THEY CAN'T NOR CAN YOU GO TO SOMEBODY ELES LAWN AND PUT DOWN AN APPLICATION WITHOUT A PERMIT
that is, you can't charge a fee to apply chemicals without a license. in my state, however, if the h/o buys and transports the pesticide annnnnd supplies the application equipment, an lco is allowed to apply. the lco is not allowed to charge a fee for this service.
this is why you should study for and acquire a license. you wouldn't have to ask such inane questions then.
__________________
Price fairly but price to stay in business.

You can't charge extra because it takes you twice as long to do the job because you have crappy or outmoded equipment.

And, if they don't pay, put a shovel upside their head.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-03-2007, 07:41 AM
echeandia's Avatar
echeandia echeandia is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 1,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bad Bob View Post
... however, if the h/o buys and transports the pesticide annnnnd supplies the application equipment, an lco is allowed to apply. the lco is not allowed to charge a fee for this service.
Who would do this? Give away my time? Not me.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-03-2007, 10:53 AM
Big Bad Bob's Avatar
Big Bad Bob Big Bad Bob is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: zone 5
Posts: 1,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by echeandia View Post
Who would do this? Give away my time? Not me.
i wouldn't do it either. that's why i'm licensed.
i'm just passing on what the law is.
__________________
Price fairly but price to stay in business.

You can't charge extra because it takes you twice as long to do the job because you have crappy or outmoded equipment.

And, if they don't pay, put a shovel upside their head.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-03-2007, 01:43 PM
PatriotLandscape PatriotLandscape is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: MA
Posts: 1,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by echeandia View Post
Oh, why didn't you say that in the first place instead of that incoherent gibberish you posted?

So, we all understand you correctly regarding the proper use of this forum, there should be no questions about fertilizer, mowers, trimmers, trucks, trailers, signs, brochures, logos, websites, mowing techniques, equipment maintenance, peoples ages, office supplies, software, fuel, the weather, or any other subject which you deem inappropriate?
Yes there should be no questions unless there are for starting a business.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-03-2007, 01:48 PM
PatriotLandscape PatriotLandscape is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: MA
Posts: 1,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by mow2nd View Post
APPLY A PRE-EMERGENT FERTILIZER. SPRAY THE LAWN WITH ROUND-UP, THIS CAN BE DONE ANYTIME WHILE THE LAWN IS DORMNANT. THE GRASS WILL NOT ABSORB THE ROUND UP BUT THE WEEDS WILL. PLUS ROUND-UP IS GONE IN 5-7 DAYS. NOW THAT THE LAWN HAS A PRE-EMERGENT DOWN AND WEEDS ARE SPRAYED MARK ON THE CALANDER TO COME BACK IN 8 WEEKS TO APPLY ANOTHER PRE-EMERGENT FERTILIZER. HOWEVER IF YOU ARE NOT PERMIT, I WOULDNT DO IT, JUST SUB IT OUT.

GOOD LUCK
You don't apply fertilizer to a dormant lawn it will not be there when the lawn is out of dormancy.

You will damage/destroy a lawn by spray round up on it at any time regardless of if it is dormant.

Don't apply anything without reading the label.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-03-2007, 04:01 PM
Big Bad Bob's Avatar
Big Bad Bob Big Bad Bob is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: zone 5
Posts: 1,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotLandscape View Post
You don't apply fertilizer to a dormant lawn it will not be there when the lawn is out of dormancy.

You will damage/destroy a lawn by spray round up on it at any time regardless of if it is dormant.

Don't apply anything without reading the label.
that's why he needs to do a bit of studying and get certified. he's gonna end up getting sued if he doesn't. get licensed and then come back and ask these elementary questions.
__________________
Price fairly but price to stay in business.

You can't charge extra because it takes you twice as long to do the job because you have crappy or outmoded equipment.

And, if they don't pay, put a shovel upside their head.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-03-2007, 06:02 PM
fiveoboy01's Avatar
fiveoboy01 fiveoboy01 is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Southern WI
Posts: 2,963
I love these fertilizer threads.

Some new guy comes here, asking very basic questions about fertilization. It's apparent that if he were licensed, he wouldn't have to be asking these questions.

So the guys here who ARE licensed and have the know-how advise the newbie to check regulations and be sure he's following the law, and advise him to get licensed.

Newbie proceeds to flame because he/she didn't get the answer he/she was looking for.

It has nothing to do with "shutting little guys down". Read the title at the top of the forum. Professionals growing together. A professional doesn't go applying pesticides without a license or the proper know-how.

I don't ask fertilizer/pesticide questions here, because I'm not licensed. I've started the process, and I know that by going through it I will gain enough knowledge to answer my basic questions. Even so, I will likely only use that license for non-selective herbicides like Roundup until I have the know-how to properly apply the correct chemicals to turf. Until then, I'm subbing it out to someone who knows what they are doing.

Even so, these threads crack me up
__________________
Bill

Originally posted by SLR:
Quote:
you really got off fortunate and lucky 5-0boy1!..imagine if you an her created a little 5boy1,now there's a nicely entangled chaotic toranado vise!
THE VERY BEST SOURCE OF INFO FOR THE GREEN INDUSTRY! ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-04-2007, 08:32 PM
CoreyD's Avatar
CoreyD CoreyD is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Florence SC/Manning SC
Posts: 207
all im going to say is...... if you can buy whatever it is your gonna use from the store without showing a license..... but it requires a license to apply or whatever...... do it anyways.... ive never heard of having to have a license around here.... and if you havent either.... its not your fault that they dont make it known..... i dunno bout you... but i could get away with that fine easily
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-04-2007, 08:55 PM
Runner's Avatar
Runner Runner is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Flint, Michigan
Posts: 13,494
Now THERE's the right attitude! THAT ought to take you places in life!
__________________
Joe

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-04-2007, 10:04 PM
PatriotLandscape PatriotLandscape is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: MA
Posts: 1,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyD View Post
all im going to say is...... if you can buy whatever it is your gonna use from the store without showing a license..... but it requires a license to apply or whatever...... do it anyways.... ive never heard of having to have a license around here.... and if you havent either.... its not your fault that they dont make it known..... i dunno bout you... but i could get away with that fine easily
I can't say for your area but here ignorance of the law doesn't mean you don't have to follow it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:28 PM.

Page generated in 0.10918 seconds with 7 queries