Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-01-2007, 01:44 PM
LawnSite Member

be gentle....new website...all feedback welcome...

any and all feedbacks are appreciated. we have been working on this for a little while and want to get others opinions.

www.ronslawnservice.net

Thanks
Ron
Old 03-01-2007, 02:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't like that you have to scroll down to see your main pic and I'm on 1280x1040 rez. I wonder how far down the page it would be on 800x600. (plus it looks kinda washed out)

Plus it looks like Fall colours but it's soon to be spring or the forest is dying.

Last edited by Vikings; 03-01-2007 at 02:22 PM.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:40 PM
LawnSite Member

[QUOTE=Vikings;1730937]I don't like that you have to scroll down to see your main pic and I'm on 1280x1040 rez. I wonder how far down the page it would be on 800x600. (plus it looks kinda washed out)

Thanks for the feedback...that picture isnt our favorite either but that was the only one that I had on file....(well actually it looks washed out b/c it was an older scanned photo, that I cant seem to find on my computer) We used it for the time being b/c its the look that we wanted to go for.

"Plus it looks like Fall colours but it's soon to be spring or the forest is dying"

I wasnt sure exactly what you meant by this. Are you talking about the actual colors of the site? or of the main page photo. The colors of the site are the colors of our company. And if you are talking about the photo, that photo actually was taken in early spring

Again thanks for the feedback, its a work in progress and we are always looking for ways to improve it.

Ron
Old 03-01-2007, 03:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You should "google images". There is no law saying you only have to post your own pictures.

I'm not too sure about these things but I think people would want to see what their lawn would look like at it's best. Lush and green and finely cut, IF you are trying to sell lawn care services.

I also think you should look at some of those before after pics. I think its the 2nd from the top...I couldn't tell the difference.

For a work in progress I think it's looking good.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:45 PM
LawnSite Member

We were going back and forth, whether to use images that were not our work....I didnt want to deceive anyone. Its my fault though, b/c whenever we did do big landscaping jobs, that I could have taken pictures of..I would remember all the tools, materials, etc. but for some reason never had a camera. It was the one thing I kept forgetting. But this year I will have a digital camera left in the truck at all times (hopefully it doesnt get stolen). Thanks again for the feedback....

Ron
Old 03-01-2007, 03:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ron
i like your color combinations & the look & feel of the page. I do have a few observations though.
1. I agree that the picture needs tp be higher up on the page. my resolution is 1680 x 1050 & i can only see the very top of the picture. There is plenty of blank space that can be reduced to bring the image up.

2. personally i would change the font to something cleaner, preferably with no serifs. Readability is key. You have very little time to grab a persons attention before they get bored & move on.

3. on the services page i would loose the picture of the mower & replace it with a nice picture of a landscape or flowers etc. the site is for the customer & they won't care what your mower looks like. They want a compelling reason to hire you.

4. as previously stated, take another look at your before & after pictures.
#2 has no positive impact at all. Yes it has mulch now but i can still see the electric boxes which is a negative for me.
All of the before & after pictures show the same thing. There are existing plantings in the before (along with a lot of weeds). The after shows the same plantings with new bed lines & mulch. What i would conclude from this as a customer is that you primarily weed, create bed lines & mulch.

Under services you list lawn maintenance, tree & shrub planting etc. IMO you have to have pictures that benefit/value of hiring you for those services
Old 03-01-2007, 04:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allure View Post
Ron
i like your color combinations & the look & feel of the page. I do have a few observations though.
1. I agree that the picture needs tp be higher up on the page. my resolution is 1680 x 1050 & i can only see the very top of the picture. There is plenty of blank space that can be reduced to bring the image up.

2. personally i would change the font to something cleaner, preferably with no serifs. Readability is key. You have very little time to grab a persons attention before they get bored & move on.

3. on the services page i would loose the picture of the mower & replace it with a nice picture of a landscape or flowers etc. the site is for the customer & they won't care what your mower looks like. They want a compelling reason to hire you.

4. as previously stated, take another look at your before & after pictures.
#2 has no positive impact at all. Yes it has mulch now but i can still see the electric boxes which is a negative for me.
All of the before & after pictures show the same thing. There are existing plantings in the before (along with a lot of weeds). The after shows the same plantings with new bed lines & mulch. What i would conclude from this as a customer is that you primarily weed, create bed lines & mulch.

Under services you list lawn maintenance, tree & shrub planting etc. IMO you have to have pictures that benefit/value of hiring you for those services

Thanks for the feedback it is definitely appreciated. One thing that we are currently working on is the gallery section, those are the only pics that I can find right now. Not incredibly happy with them, thats why we cant wait to get this season started so that I can take better pics.

Ron
Old 03-01-2007, 05:40 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Also, under services and contact us the the title is double listed. Under the service page this may allow you to place the last to services offered under the same column. You may look at changing the ZTR pic with an account, your rig, or your crew using the equipment.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

My feedback:

1. You need a page title, you may just not have done this yet but its important.
2. I can't stand how the menu is not even and testimonials is on the next line. If it were me I would make it a little wider so that the entire nav was all the way across, I would also consider moving it below the main graphic.

Other then that it looks great.

Cheers
Jeff
Old 03-01-2007, 06:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Also when you mouse over the nav i would make it so that it does not go transparent, just maybe the text get brighter or something.

Cheers
Jeff