Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-03-2007, 05:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks really nice. Does the bottom have your buss. card on it so they can tear it off and save it??

www.4daughterslandscape.com
Old 03-03-2007, 05:32 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm a fert guy and when i see most of you mower's door hangers, they never have a price. so, the potential customer has to call you, u have to go out and estimate it then try to get a hold of them again to sell them. when i leave door hangers, i have a price for the service written on it while i'm there and in front of their house with an offer to entice them to call me. is this not possible with most homes you guys want to mow?

some may say, that there's no way to know everything about the lawn while you're there but can't you leave one of the generic brochures on these homes and price the ones you can tell(of which are the majority)? Just a way of not doing the same thing twice.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.H.BOY View Post
Looks really nice. Does the bottom have your buss. card on it so they can tear it off and save it??
No business card tear-off. I'll give them one when I show up at the door.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwaller98 View Post
... i have a price for the service written on it while i'm there and in front of their house with an offer to entice them to call me. is this not possible with most homes you guys want to mow?
There are guys on here who list pricing on there advertising. I don't do that because my marketing strategy doesn't use price as a competitive advantage. To me and the customer I am going for price isn't what drives the purchase decision. Besides they already have an idea what lawn service costs and if they don't a simple call will get them the answer.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Member

ech, i'm not saying that the price i write on the door hanger is a low ball price. i have a good offer on there like 1/2 off first app or free grub control or 40-50 dollar aeration. the price i leave is based on the size of the lawn. I don't beleive that most homeowners have an idea of what we charge for our services. you and i have seen estimates for the same property that differ greatly. And that simple phone call you mention, are you able to quote without going back out to look at the lawn. That's not a smart a$$ question, i'm just not familier how mowers price their jobs. in the fert business, a corner lot or a lot at the end of a court could be as much as $20 more than their neighbors beacause of the size. don't you guys charge more if there's more trimming...hills...etc.? or do u just ask these questions when the potential customer calls and pray they tell the truth?
Old 03-05-2007, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
ech, i'm not saying that the price i write on the door hanger is a low ball price.
I wasn't thinking that at all.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:13 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Those look really good. I like them!

Originally posted by SLR:
Quote:
you really got off fortunate and lucky 5-0boy1!..imagine if you an her created a little 5boy1,now there's a nicely entangled chaotic toranado vise!
THE VERY BEST SOURCE OF INFO FOR THE GREEN INDUSTRY! ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED!
Old 03-06-2007, 12:48 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Did you use a local printing company or an on line company to get design and print your door hangers? Did you supply those photos or are they stock. Very professional and good looking.

Adam
Old 03-06-2007, 10:10 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boycea View Post
Did you use a local printing company or an on line company to get design and print your door hangers? Did you supply those photos or are they stock.
I had them printed at psprint.com. They were recommended to me by my designer, who had the photos. The paper is almost as thick as a business card. It is glossy and has quite a substantial feel to it. I highly recommend them.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I'm a fert guy and when i see most of you mower's door hangers, they never have a price. so, the potential customer has to call you, u have to go out and estimate it then try to get a hold of them again to sell them. when i leave door hangers, i have a price for the service written on it while i'm there and in front of their house with an offer to entice them to call me. is this not possible with most homes you guys want to mow?

some may say, that there's no way to know everything about the lawn while you're there but can't you leave one of the generic brochures on these homes and price the ones you can tell(of which are the majority)? Just a way of not doing the same thing twice.
i plan on doing this.. from what i've heard the response rate is much much higher. well worth the time if you ask me.. i got my doorhangers with a blank for me to write the price..