Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-03-2007, 05:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Another "bright idea". this method equates to no less than littering, all the while conveying the message that you are LAZY, don't care enough about your work to put a little effort into it, and also shows that you are disrespectful enough to litter up a whole neighborhood - because you KNOW they aren''t all going to get picked up. I've seen nimrods do this that were "handymen" "tree-cutters", and other "will work for beer" types. Giv me a break. You have to ask yourself...Do you want to convey yourself as a pro, or some neighborhood kid "lookin' to cut some of that thar grass".

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 03-03-2007, 05:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Lawns View Post
I had 15,000 ads printed up and would like to get them out all this month. I was going to put the ads(3 3/4 x 8 1/2) in a plastic bag and toss them on peoples driveways.
Hire an airplane to drop them out over your target area. If you really want to stir things up, call the local news stations up and tip them off. Camera crews will be on hand to witness the whole thing. I bet you make the evening news with that.
Old 03-03-2007, 05:54 PM
LawnSite Member

A roll of quarters huh? Was that suppose to be funny? Doh!

Believe me, I agree with what you guys are saying abiout it being tacky and appearing lazy, etc. My gut has been telling me not to do it this way and now that I have read your input I don't think I am going to. I guess I just needed to hear it from a few a you guys first! I was only thinking this way because my budget is tight right now and I was thinking is MASS, BULK advertising.

I guess what I'll do is hire a few kids to pass them out door to door and leave the rest at banks, supermarkets, pizza joints, etc.

Thanks again for your input.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I would never hire anyone that tossed a bag with a flyer in it on my driveway. If they are too lazy to walk the extra 20 steps to the door then they are too lazy to do a good job.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by echeandia View Post
Hire an airplane to drop them out over your target area. If you really want to stir things up, call the local news stations up and tip them off. Camera crews will be on hand to witness the whole thing. I bet you make the evening news with that.
lol Thats was a well thought out response.
Thank you
Silly man...
Old 03-03-2007, 06:44 PM
LawnSite Member

a box of condoms so at least some good will cum out of the work you are putting into it.

seriously though how bout a zip lock bag full of top soil or compost since the idea stinks, lol j/k

door to door for me and dressed deacent so as to not scare off the people and excite the house wives
Old 03-03-2007, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by workinallthetime View Post
a box of condoms so at least some good will cum out of the work you are putting into it.

seriously though how bout a zip lock bag full of top soil or compost since the idea stinks, lol j/k

door to door for me and dressed deacent so as to not scare off the people and excite the house wives
LOL Not being sarcastic but now THAT'S funny! :O)
And theres NO WAY right now I would excite the housewives! lol
Old 03-03-2007, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Btw..this was not my idea...

Just to let all of you who oppose this idea(some strongly I see) of tossing ads on driveways... I got this idea from Sean Adams himself!
I think the ones that oppose this so strongly as to respond with a useless, assinine response, are simply put, jackasses.
Again, as I believe Sean Adams stated, this way of advertising was "to get the word out in great numbers", or something like that. This idea was for BULK advertising. And if someone doesnt like it or doesnt respond to it because they are offended by something being thrown on their driveway, or they think that because of this type of advertising the person must be "LAZY", then I dont think I would like to be associated with this kind of person in business anyways. Give me a break!
Oh nooo, a plastic bag on your driveway!!!! CALL THE COPS!!
Yet, I always got a decent response just from putting the ads in mailboxes, which is suppose to be ILLEGAL.
Get real.

Last edited by A1Lawns; 03-03-2007 at 08:15 PM.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The problem with throwing your ad in the driveway is that it looks like a piece of trash. If you hang it on the door or put in on the mailbox at least the homeowner will understand that it is an ad and not some garbage that blew onto their lawn. If you think it will work for you then do it, but you would probably get a better response with door hangers.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea... "tacky" might be the wrong word here. "Cheezy" works better.
Neighborhood 'drivebuys' launching pellet filled plastic baggies from a vehicle advertising a lawn company = Unprofessional. Nor do I see any reason to make a potential customer, come out of their OWN house, walk down the driveway to clean up the 'litter' left on their property. Because "Litter" is exactly how they'll see it. But that's just my opinion.... trying to be as nice as I can without seeming like a 'jack@ss' too.

CAROLINA CUTS
Landscape & Lawn Service
Not your ordinary pain in the gr@ss lawn service...