Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-22-2010, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SangerLawn View Post
In my area it is the city commissionerís office that charges. It funny because if you call any other department they donít know anything about permits but if caught by the city commissioner you will get huge fines.
Yea really it is pretty much just who ever wants to make the money and sets the rules. I have usually been able to get a hold of the right individuals though by calling the business lic. division but then again every town/city is different.

It is all just about getting another fee.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Lawns View Post
How do you find out for sure if it's illegal or not in your area? Which department do you call? I called my local police and they said to call zoning and planing??

I just called the city and they transfered me to the right place. All of them told they consider it littering.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN2MOWN View Post
I just called the city and they transfered me to the right place. All of them told they consider it littering.
Finally….a intelligent person!!!! I am proud of you!!!! You didn’t just listen to someone else’s thought, get pissed, then post a false statement….you actually checked in to it and found people really are trying to help on this web site…

Honestly not being a smart ars…just giving you a pat on the back….wish more people would do what you did….good job

It is what it is......

Check out some of our manicuring http://sangerlawncareplus.com/Site%202/Photos%202.html
Old 02-23-2010, 01:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SangerLawn View Post
Finally….a intelligent person!!!! I am proud of you!!!! You didn’t just listen to someone else’s thought, get pissed, then post a false statement….you actually checked in to it and found people really are trying to help on this web site…

Honestly not being a smart ars…just giving you a pat on the back….wish more people would do what you did….good job

In all honesty the only reason I called was because I ran over one with a mower in my customers driveway one day and the rock shot out and chipped a car door that was parked.

I was going pretty quick but I saw the entire bag shoot out into the car. I was so damn pissed. It was some cleaning company. I paid for the car door and called the company who left it to let them know if I ever saw their trash again I would be calling the cops.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That sucks. I have a habit of turning my blades off when I'm on the driveway, because in my first year when I was working for a company, I was crossing the driveway and not looking or something, and the next thing ya know, I had ran over an entire Sunday newspaper!!! Talk about a mess. It was not fun to clean up!! This may be a bit off topic, but it reminded me of one of my more embarrassing moments.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRocker View Post
That sucks. I have a habit of turning my blades off when I'm on the driveway, because in my first year when I was working for a company, I was crossing the driveway and not looking or something, and the next thing ya know, I had ran over an entire Sunday newspaper!!! Talk about a mess. It was not fun to clean up!! This may be a bit off topic, but it reminded me of one of my more embarrassing moments.
I did the same thing, but with a snow blower. It totally jammed the machine and took me a half hour just to get it out. Damn delivery people don't know enough to put the paper in the yard during snow strorms. Glad I don't have to use a snow blower anymore.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

If I catch you throwing trash in my driveway I'm gonna throw it right back at you!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-28-2010, 10:40 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
If I catch you throwing trash in my driveway I'm gonna throw it right back at you!!!!!!!!!!
Well then let me know were you live sunshine and I'll throw 2 ads on your drive for ya.
Miserable SOB.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:42 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Well then let me know were you live sunshine and I'll throw 2 ads on your drive for ya.
Miserable SOB.

More tough guy remarks huh?
Old 02-28-2010, 10:53 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Miserable SOB.
Is SOB short for silly old boy?

It's littering, plain an simple. Shows no respect for me or my property.

And you can't put it on my porch or my door knob either because my property is posted as no trespassing.