Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 07-17-2001, 07:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Pesticides

imagine if they ban pesticides for famers, this is a few things that will happen
1. Farm costs & produce increases
2. Consumer spends more on food
3. Farm employees increase
4. Farm exports decrease
5. Amount of acrage increases

If the eco freaks have thier way they will ban the use of pesicides in this country. The funny thing is that the products that are baned in America are not banned in South America.

South America does not regulate crops so the stuff that our country has banned is being used by other countries and then they ship it to us, A very small fraction of crops gets inspected before it reaches us. I can not figure this out. I bet it all has to do with the power of money.

So what is bad for us is good for us because it comes back to us from another country.

From what I've been learning the trend is moving toward Bio I do not feel that it will prove to be very effective because the "good pests" will not stay in the target area.

We all know that homeowners have not followed IPM's and most should not apply anything but water to their turf, but if used properly pesticides are the fastest way of controling the pests. Why ban something that is a proven to work? Why don't the EPA pass a law that only certified applicators can use pesticides? We all know that the makers of the products would go through the roof. It just might have something to do with Money, power, politics, just might.....

Last edited by George777; 07-17-2001 at 07:37 PM.