Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-14-2000, 12:09 AM
bhtatum

I have a walker witha GHS. I am in the market for another mower. I am considering another walker or an exmark walk behind. I am a huge fan of walker but i am looking for something a little lighter. Some benifits of the walker are: there is no discharge chute, this allows you to get next to trees, beds, and etc. with both sides of the mower, the blades dont touch the grass twice like other moweres, I think this puts less stress on the engine, I vacuum all my yards and I think time is saved, yes you have to empty but if your yards are maintained reg. there is not much clippings, time is saved in blowing, I do not have to worry about the cut grass browning, collecting the cuttings makes all grass yards look better, leaf removal keeps me busy in the dormant season if you do not have the vacuuming ability it is costly to do the same job. the walker is more compact than other similar mowers. On the down side it is heavy and availability of parts is scarce. there are speed-up kits and discharge kits. There are faster mowers but the cut does not look manicured. I think the most important thing is not to limit yourself you do not know what your clientel will have in store in future years.