Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-15-2007, 01:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollar Spot View Post
The coyotes came in the mail today and I'll be putting them out today. I hope the golfers leave them alone, I could see someone taking them home and shooting a few arrows through them.
get some duck bill tree anchors and anchor the critters down that way they don't walk....
Old 03-15-2007, 01:24 PM
LawnSite Member

They are more like cardboard with a hollogram of a coyote on them. They look real from a distance. The funny part is that the geese flew into the lake to have a look see and are still there. They're probably thinking, nice try jack***.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
They are more like cardboard with a hollogram of a coyote on them. They look real from a distance. The funny part is that the geese flew into the lake to have a look see and are still there. They're probably thinking, nice try jack***.
maybe some cyote urine would discaurage them?

let em have their fun on the lake....you just don't want them on the grass right...
Old 03-15-2007, 02:37 PM
LawnSite Member

I have to keep them off the greens. The problem is that the lakes are next to the greens. I also created some buffer zones around parts of some lakes that are attractive areas for nesting. I love the geese, I just don't like them feeding on our greens and what they leave behind. I like eating them too but I do that only during hunting season.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Anybody have any experience with rc hydroplanes, boats, helicopters? I'm thinking I might get one to chase the geese of the water until after nesting season is over.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Anybody have any experience with rc hydroplanes, boats, helicopters? I'm thinking I might get one to chase the geese of the water until after nesting season is over.
it woudl work, but Id go electric. less noise....or

get one of the RC air hogs....land and water
http://www.mastermindtoys.com/store/...TLD6NB2GX939L8
Old 03-15-2007, 04:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks Marc, I think I've seen that on TV. It looks like it would be fun to chase the geese around with that. I'm having a hard time rationalizing spending this amount of time on these geese until I balance it out with the repair work and droppings on the greens and how they effect our golfers.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Thanks Marc, I think I've seen that on TV. It looks like it would be fun to chase the geese around with that. I'm having a hard time rationalizing spending this amount of time on these geese until I balance it out with the repair work and droppings on the greens and how they effect our golfers.
Get married, have a kid,

take kid to work and let kid play with toy chasing geese....Win win...you don't have to pay for daycare, and the golf coruse doesnt have to to pay for an extra employee....
Old 03-15-2007, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Member

I got two, ones almost done with college and the other one is almost done with high school. I guess I'll have to wait for grandkids!
Old 03-16-2007, 09:30 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
I have to keep them off the greens. The problem is that the lakes are next to the greens. I also created some buffer zones around parts of some lakes that are attractive areas for nesting. I love the geese, I just don't like them feeding on our greens and what they leave behind. I like eating them too but I do that only during hunting season.
Try the fishing line. I had the same problems on the GC years ago and the fishing line solved it.

If you like the job Granholm is doing for Michigan, you'll love the job Obama will do for the U.S.

“The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.” Winston Churchill