Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-10-2007, 08:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

They have contacted me before.. Out of the blue actually. After checking out the problems so many others have had with them (mainly snow removal) I declined their offers.

It's not worth the headache of having to track down your payment 60 - 90 (most times longer) days later, especially from another Maintenance co. Granted they hold some nice accounts but still. They probably get away with hiring some and getting free work, some people will give up after so long of not getting paid. In my opinion they could handle their business alot better. They might actually get better contractors if they did.

Good luck with whatever you choose
Nathan
All Clear
152 Units
Brownsburg, IN

Old 03-10-2007, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

All I can say is that they don't like to pay. You dont have to worry about finding them beleive me they find you and anyone else who will answer the phone. They just called me Friday to schedule service for the upcomming season my responce was wheres my money. Needless to say I'm still waiting!!!
Old 03-10-2007, 11:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Bobcatservice

If you have good cash flow fine. But if you need your money quick
Mike
Old 03-10-2007, 11:50 PM
LawnSite Member

I agree with Mike..
Endeavor to get to the
place where your not relying on
clients that have a policy of paying
30+ days after the end of the month. Use those clients
to generate other commercial and residential clients,
because you never know who will drive by and ask you
for your business card.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:58 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

we have a ton of stores here run by us maintenance and they will not give me a number to get in contact with them is there a main office to call or is it all individualy i would like to bid on ours.
11 Chevy2500 hd with dump insert
05 Bobcat 328 excavator
99 John deere 240 skid steer john deere 855 loader
05/11exmark lazer 60 in with ultra vacs
09 exmark 48TTHP
12 exmark 52 vantage
12 ft 16 ft and 18 ft trailers
Much other lawn equiptment
My hot wife that works for me!
Finn hydroseeder
Old 03-11-2007, 10:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I do quite a bit of work for us maint. but I have also learned a couple of key things from working with them...
1) make sure that you do the work that is outlined within the scope of the service contract.
2)make sure all your paperwork is done and submitted properly
3)be professional

if you do these simple things you will have no problem, we did about $40,000 with them last year and no you dont always get your check within 30 days but they have always paid me, and it is nice to have a gauranteed flow of income as long as your not trying to survive on just that money alone.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrington Landscape View Post
we have a ton of stores here run by us maintenance and they will not give me a number to get in contact with them is there a main office to call or is it all individualy i would like to bid on ours.
1-800-355-4000
Old 03-11-2007, 10:38 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer01 View Post
I do winter work for them but was wondering how they handle summer contracts. Does anybody do work for US Maintenance or Tower Cleaning?
Ive tried 3 times to get in contact with this company and no response, so to me that says they suck!

On our own as of 2003. Proud to be a full time, legitimate company.

Equipment we use:
Ford trucks
Pro Line and GatorMade trailer's
Gravely, Exmark, Honda and Snapper mower's
Echo trimmer's and blower's
LittleWonder equipment
BillyGoat equipment
New Holland and Dresser loader's (snow removal)
Fisher snow plow's
DownEaster and Fisher salt spreader's
TurboTurf fertilizer tank

http://jandblawncare.net
Old 03-11-2007, 12:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Well quit the mixed bag........ I got involved with them a few winters ago when a contractor didn't show up at a 24 hr big box store during a blizzard. I was looking threw Craigslist and come accross an ad looking for plow drivers. So I called and they said they didn't care what I charged them they just needed plow trucks and shovelers NOW. So we loaded up five guys and three trucks and spent the next two days on this lot. I sent the a bill for with $125 hour for the trucks and $35 hour for shovels. I got a call the next day asking if I wanted the loacation for the rest of the season along with a few others the previous contractor couldn't handle and that was it. This year I asked about summer maintenance and they said they would let me bid on a few sites and was curious as to what I was getting myself into bid wise, more so how they handle the summer stuff.

richallseasons do thy send you a bid packet with site specs like when they want them mowed, trimmed and blow? Do they have you handle all aspects of landscaping and if so does the contract cover those? Or do you send in a bid stating what services you are willing to provide and the price per service or is it more like winter work where its based on a monthly price where they pay you X amount to cover the work for that month with ballon payment at the end?? Could ya give me a call??????
6X12 open
2 36" Toro's
2 21" Honda's
1 32" Exmark
1 60" Lazer Z
2 Shindiawa T261
Plugr 850????
Ryan 24"
Classon power rake & overseed
Tanaka TLE600
Billy Goat vac
couple chain saws and pole saws....

www.coloradopowersports.org
Old 03-12-2007, 10:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer01 View Post
Well quit the mixed bag........ I got involved with them a few winters ago when a contractor didn't show up at a 24 hr big box store during a blizzard. I was looking threw Craigslist and come accross an ad looking for plow drivers. So I called and they said they didn't care what I charged them they just needed plow trucks and shovelers NOW. So we loaded up five guys and three trucks and spent the next two days on this lot. I sent the a bill for with $125 hour for the trucks and $35 hour for shovels. I got a call the next day asking if I wanted the loacation for the rest of the season along with a few others the previous contractor couldn't handle and that was it. This year I asked about summer maintenance and they said they would let me bid on a few sites and was curious as to what I was getting myself into bid wise, more so how they handle the summer stuff.

richallseasons do thy send you a bid packet with site specs like when they want them mowed, trimmed and blow? Do they have you handle all aspects of landscaping and if so does the contract cover those? Or do you send in a bid stating what services you are willing to provide and the price per service or is it more like winter work where its based on a monthly price where they pay you X amount to cover the work for that month with ballon payment at the end?? Could ya give me a call??????
With my summer work for the bank of america sites they send me a roll out with a detailed scope of work and pricing that they have established already,which most of the time comes up short so you get together with your area rep and negotiate a better deal,I am expecting them to send this info today as a matter of fact. With the cumberland farms landscaping package they wanted me to straight out bid on the work, which I submitted last week and am waiting on a response. I guess it depends on the company that they are representing as to how they handle it. If you want to talk about it send me a pm.