Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-04-2010, 12:31 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

How has everyone been? Im trying to keep up with everything. Im pushing 4" at some places that Ive been behind on, 4.25 at my own house, stripes good tho. Gonna be turning 200 hrs on the new mower tomo, a lot compared to the almost 500 i had on the deere over 3 yrs. Of course we are going to have to build a bigger trailer to haul my utility tractor now. Added timbrens to the rear of my chevy tonight to get me through a little longer. Gonna start having mulch delievered to my brothers lot so I can save on time and wear on the truck. Still have most of my weed route to do yet, weather just wont work out and going to college in the morning is making it really hard.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:59 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpp View Post
Well, I just saw that my last post was number 9999, so lets make this one 10,000 for the Ohio Thread. lol

Seriously though, anyone else still have snow money out there?? I do. Unbelieveable. Next year I want to put a clause in where I charge interest on late payments. Anybody else do that????

Thanks,

JP
ya i still do, i tried calling the people a couple days ago and amazingly no one was home. even the two commercial places the guy in charge sisnt happen to be there

join us on FACEBOOK www.facebook.com/ClarkLawnMaint
Old 06-08-2010, 05:54 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLARK LAWN View Post
ya i still do, i tried calling the people a couple days ago and amazingly no one was home. even the two commercial places the guy in charge sisnt happen to be there
Yep same here. But when you have 1 foot of snow on the ground they want you there yesterday.

Well, someone sideswiped my truck while it was parked at my place over Memorial day weekend. Need to get a couple more estimates, the first one is for 1500 bucks. Then today, while mowing or trimming I shot a rock at glass door. First time ever since I have been in business that has happened to me. I am ready for winter again already.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:07 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Well, it is raining here this morning. Called the dealer about the mower today. Said they are still waiting on the transmission. Supposed to be here last Friday. Said it should be tomorrow. Needless to say I am on the hunt for a new dealer.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Raining to hard to do anything outside ......................
Old 06-09-2010, 01:53 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.A.G LAWNCARE View Post
Raining to hard to do anything outside ......................
I was waiting for it to dry some here. Just looked at radar and some more has popped up to the west of me so I don't think I will be doing any cutting today.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

how much rain you guys had down there? we are almost all swamp land here now.

Old 06-09-2010, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLARK LAWN View Post
how much rain you guys had down there? we are almost all swamp land here now.
In all honesty it really depends on what side of town you are on. Here imby I have 3 inches of rain since June 1. I had standing water under the trees this morning. I went out about 3:30 and did some cutting and I had water coming up out of the yards on the mower tire along the street line.Some yards that I don't do had standing water in the curb grass area. No curbs in the area I was working in today. Once I got up further into the yard not as much water coming up. The farm fields are swamps around here, planting has been done but they cannot get in there to treat them or do any other type of work.

The airport is actually down on precip for the year but it is only 2 tenths of an inch. While on this side of town I know we are above precip for the year. All this water has actually stunted the growth some. Yards are getting a tint to it showing it has to much water on them. We need a few days of dry weather, but it looks like that might not be the case.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

we've had probably 5-8inches in a week. I'm going crazy! can't get landsaping done even with track mats....
Old 06-10-2010, 06:45 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

im same as you JP at the airport (about 30 miles north) not that much showing, he we are soaked. the longest dry strech since may 2 was 5 days. i have yards that ive done for 10 years that i has never had a water problem have standing water on them. we had a storm dump almost an inch and a half friday into sat. then another 3/4 of an inch sunday and 2/3 of an inch yesterday