Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-13-2010, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpp View Post
Have not heard about that. But a friend got pulled over on Saturday as a courtesy stop by the puco motor enforcement. Said beginning Jan 1 they are going to start enforcing the rules on landscapers about having mowers tie downed, gas cans and a breakaway on your trailer brakes.

I am waiting on him to send me the website so I can post here for everyone. Needless to say I stayed off the freeways today, I did not want them doing a courtesy stop on me. lol
Nice ....I think they are going to check all the lawn guys for weedkiller/fert and insurance ....super nice! ...stop the illegals !

Find your post count in Bumpville:
http://www.lawnsite.com/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=180628
Old 07-22-2010, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Just a bump .....push it to the top.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

this been really dead lately

join us on FACEBOOK www.facebook.com/ClarkLawnMaint
Old 07-23-2010, 11:02 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

It has been dead, along with the grass. Stuff is really slowing down. SOme is well over 2 weeks. Of course im in class in the mornings so either I work in the heat of the day or get nothing done at all.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Here is that website about the motor carrier information. but I cannot find anything on it. I have looked and looked and looked. If you find anything please post it.

http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/
Old 07-24-2010, 08:57 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpp View Post
Here is that website about the motor carrier information. but I cannot find anything on it. I have looked and looked and looked. If you find anything please post it.

http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/
I will ...Thanks for this link.

Old 07-25-2010, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbster View Post
I will ...Thanks for this link.
I searched lawncare,lawn care, landscape, land scape and only found little crap on it. I even looked again last night. My eyes are so tired of looking at it I am giving them a break until mid week. maybe I am staring right at the stuff and do not even know it.

Well, I am all set for another week. Sharpened blades today, changed blades today. Replaced the air filters on the mowers. But I still need to do the oil this week. Maybe that will be the Friday job for me. Unless we get a rain out day here then I will be cutting on Friday. I think I am going to bed early tonight, I feel beat for some reason and I did not even enjoy any cold beverages this weekend. Took the weekend off of doing that even.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:04 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

DOT is still for 26K combined in state or 10K out of state. I've been to a bunch of seminars with stateys talking, called PUCO, even asked when I got pulled over one day for a seat belt, and all said what I just said. I'll get numbers and a medical card when I'm pulled over and told to.

And about the 60 dollar oil change, i dont use synthetic. thats rotella and a motorcraft filter.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc2006 View Post
DOT is still for 26K combined in state or 10K out of state. I've been to a bunch of seminars with stateys talking, called PUCO, even asked when I got pulled over one day for a seat belt, and all said what I just said. I'll get numbers and a medical card when I'm pulled over and told to.

And about the 60 dollar oil change, i dont use synthetic. thats rotella and a motorcraft filter.

Kurt,

It is not about the weight. It is about having the equipment tied downed, break away kit for the trailer, the gas cans being marked and fasten in. A buddy got a courtesy stop down here by motor enforcement on I 270.

JP
Old 07-25-2010, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Equipment is 1 strap for anything up to 1,000lbs or 10' in length. 2 straps for 1,001lbs-2,000lbs, and 10'1"- I believe 20'. Or 1 strap and butted up against a rail on the trailer for 1,001 or 10'1". I know a z requires 2 straps or 1 strap and up against a rail on the trailer.

And all trailers with brakes are suppossed to have break away kits. Thats always been a law. Can't help ya on the gas cans, I keep them in a box thats locked and 3 of them fit snug so I don't think I'd have an issue there.