Old 09-16-2010, 10:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

When is the expo this year?
Old 09-17-2010, 01:11 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyguy$$ View Post
when do you guys stop cutting ?????
When it stops growing. Second week of November.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:06 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Two weeks ago and wasn't our choice. It was mother nature.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:18 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

only got 1 cut on most lawns so far this month. we got alot of rain yesterday so hopefully it will bring stuff back for a couple more weeks. looks like an early leaf season got lots of leaves down already.

join us on FACEBOOK www.facebook.com/ClarkLawnMaint
Old 09-17-2010, 07:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLARK LAWN View Post
only got 1 cut on most lawns so far this month. we got alot of rain yesterday so hopefully it will bring stuff back for a couple more weeks. looks like an early leaf season got lots of leaves down already.
Same here. Picked up some extra work, thankfully to help offset the loss.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

What do you guys think of this situation.

ATT messed up my internet ad, had the wrong phone number and is was in the wrong section for almost 2 years, it had never been up dated and said "Now taking customers for 2007". I never even thought to look at it, but when I did this spring before resigning I threw a fit. It's about an $840 mistake on their part. They got out of it by running me through their BS claims department, and never heard back for 40 days. Lady calls up and says "oh yea the problem was fixed over 30 days ago so theres nothing we can do". Thats total bs. When i saw the issue I quit paying the bill, total of 256 I owe still. So they sent it to collections.

I've spent nearly 4 hours fighting with them on the phone about it. Think I'd even have a case? I'm hoping the email i just sent scares them some. If not I'll get a lawyer friend to write a letter up and let them realize if they excuse the 250 it's better than the easy grand I'd want.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc2006 View Post
What do you guys think of this situation.

ATT messed up my internet ad, had the wrong phone number and is was in the wrong section for almost 2 years, it had never been up dated and said "Now taking customers for 2007". I never even thought to look at it, but when I did this spring before resigning I threw a fit. It's about an $840 mistake on their part. They got out of it by running me through their BS claims department, and never heard back for 40 days. Lady calls up and says "oh yea the problem was fixed over 30 days ago so theres nothing we can do". Thats total bs. When i saw the issue I quit paying the bill, total of 256 I owe still. So they sent it to collections.

I've spent nearly 4 hours fighting with them on the phone about it. Think I'd even have a case? I'm hoping the email i just sent scares them some. If not I'll get a lawyer friend to write a letter up and let them realize if they excuse the 250 it's better than the easy grand I'd want.
The only reason I'm being candid about it, is because I respect you and your quality posts to this site.
You've helped me out by reading your past posts/threads.
So take this for what it's worth.

You're SOL.

At&t didn't mess up your internet ad, you didn't do your own due diligence of proofing it, therefore you did. I know nothing about At&t internet ads, but if it's anything like Google ads, you create it yourself. I'm assuming perhaps that you had them create something for you, in that case - they should have sent you an emailed proof before they arbitrarily placed the ad "live" on the 'net.

Given that you've now screwed up your credit report over a ~$300 careless issue, over something that has been on-going for 36+ months now, how's that make you feel?

Imagine if you "locked in" a customer back in 2007 for a self-renewing contract and never went back to service them. Then just send them their bill.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

The issue I have is, I did get the proof emails, and the proof was right. As I told them, theres a reason I'm paying you the money, so I don't have to do it, and I shouldn't have to check on it after looking at a proof. I brought it up to them that theres a reason I get $90 an hour to do brick work, because the person doesn't have to worry about it. Theres also a reason they get 5 times what other marketing companies get. I guess I was wrong though. The issue was just noted in April and they strung me along to screw me basically. I've tried getting in touch with them 5 times since april and each time they say someone will call me back and never do. So I'm done with them, they're a waste of marketing funds in my opinion.

I think I still have a chance. Because that "user friendly" book pulled the same crap, I paid in full for the year, and next thing you know the book comes out and I have huge ads all over it and a $5000 bill. Same thing happened where they kept leading me on, so I threw a lawyer at them and got the whole thing free and the next year I got the same $5000 worth for $400.

I wouldn't call this a $300 issue. I'd technically say its in the thousands because of the possible work lost. And I think that's where my lawyer will work from with them. We'll see I guess.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc2006 View Post
The issue I have is, I did get the proof emails, and the proof was right. As I told them, theres a reason I'm paying you the money, so I don't have to do it, and I shouldn't have to check on it after looking at a proof. I brought it up to them that theres a reason I get $90 an hour to do brick work, because the person doesn't have to worry about it. Theres also a reason they get 5 times what other marketing companies get. I guess I was wrong though. The issue was just noted in April and they strung me along to screw me basically. I've tried getting in touch with them 5 times since april and each time they say someone will call me back and never do. So I'm done with them, they're a waste of marketing funds in my opinion.

I think I still have a chance. Because that "user friendly" book pulled the same crap, I paid in full for the year, and next thing you know the book comes out and I have huge ads all over it and a $5000 bill. Same thing happened where they kept leading me on, so I threw a lawyer at them and got the whole thing free and the next year I got the same $5000 worth for $400.

I wouldn't call this a $300 issue. I'd technically say its in the thousands because of the possible work lost. And I think that's where my lawyer will work from with them. We'll see I guess.
So how exactly did they mess up your ad, that you were given a proof of...and that arbitrarily changed without your interaction?
Old 09-17-2010, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

It was never updated from 2007, it had the wrong phone number on it, and it was in the wrong sections. Came up as construction and powerwashing. The way they do it, they put the ad together and put it up, you can change like your hours of operation and a few other things but it's on them to set it up. Again that's why for 40 bucks a month, I hoped I was getting some sort of support behind it. I could under stand if it was 5 bucks a month and I'm supposed to admin it. But your paying for their service, you should get that service.
Posted via Mobile Device