Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-21-2007, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have sideboards for the trailer so that will get me 16 ft out but it is probably 30 ft out to the road. My brother has a four wheel drive 4-wheeler but i don't thing that would get it out of that mud.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, then I think it is time to get that pretty red Chevy a nice shade of brown!!!! As the saying goes, GIT R DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-21-2007, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If I did that I would be killed!! I''ll go find some crazy college students that would be more than happy to do that for me. Luckly the trailer isn't loaded! I'll have to try to get some pictures if I do get it out.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:04 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

What's up guys? Computer has been getting repaired and it will be going back on Thursday too. Still not right. We had about 2 to 3 inches of rain depending on where you live around here. Actually got out this afternoon to get some done. Things will be growing good next week that is for sure.

JP
Old 08-22-2007, 09:28 AM
LawnSite Member

I went up to Northern Indiana yesterday to pick up a used mower and man they actually have grass up there!! LOL I haven't seen grass that green since spring... We were supposed to get severe weather, but once again it went right around us. We barely got a sprinkle large enough to cover the street, as usual. It just doesn't seem to rain east of Cincinnati anymore.

The golf courses around here have nearly pumped the ponds dry to keep the grass going. If we don't get rain soon they will be empty for sure...
Old 08-22-2007, 10:31 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Got woke up this morning about 5 am with a huge clap of thunder. Still raining right now. I am hoping to get out this afternoon to do some more yards. They were not even calling for this last night. I watched the weather this morning and they said this was a surprise. Well, I hope they screw up like this in the up coming winter.

JP
Old 08-22-2007, 10:34 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aracad View Post
I went up to Northern Indiana yesterday to pick up a used mower and man they actually have grass up there!! LOL I haven't seen grass that green since spring... We were supposed to get severe weather, but once again it went right around us. We barely got a sprinkle large enough to cover the street, as usual. It just doesn't seem to rain east of Cincinnati anymore.

The golf courses around here have nearly pumped the ponds dry to keep the grass going. If we don't get rain soon they will be empty for sure...
We are finally get our green grass back up here. A lot of yards are going to need some repair that is for sure. I might just have to rent a aerator to perform the service for my customers.

JP
Old 08-22-2007, 11:24 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Rained here last night, AGAIN. Up to 10 inches now from the last couple of days.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwer View Post
Rained here last night, AGAIN. Up to 10 inches now from the last couple of days.
Please stop hogging all the H2O and send it south!

It looked like we were going to get massavie rain yesterday, but nope just ain't gona happen
48" Scag WB
Stihl Chainsaw
Stihl FS90R Trimmer
Stihl BG 55 Blower
Husqvarna Stick Edger

Kelley's Lawn & Const.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aracad View Post
Please stop hogging all the H2O and send it south!

It looked like we were going to get massavie rain yesterday, but nope just ain't gona happen
I wish some of it would of went south for you, and everyone else! There are a lot of people pumping their basements around here!

BTW, I got my trailer out today, wasn't bad at all. I used the 4-wheeler, put some boards down, and put it in 4-wheel drive and just went as fast as I could.