Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-31-2011, 08:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis E View Post
Heard that stihl has a bed redefiner similar to echo's in testing right now with some companies in Columbus. Expected to go into production for spring.
I just recently saw that Echo (Only reason, is because I don't even bother to look at the "Echo Section" @ my local dealer). I was waiting on some parts and was browsing the store. I just worry about the Power to back it. Echo Blows! I Own ALL Stihl Products...... But have my own concerns about Stihl producing such a product.
1.) Power: I have a FC-95 Edger and it's kind of a PIG. It would have to be an FC -110 or Better to cut in a Bed.
2.) Weight: With that large Head on that Bed Redefiner & Larger Engine. The thing would weigh a ton!
3.) Cost: My Stihl FC-95 was $400+... This thing would be $600-$700 (At Least!).
Maybe if they came out with a Kombi Attachment for less than $300... Then it might make sense. I would actually invest in a KM-130 & the "Redefiner Attatchment" then. Otherwise, I'd rather just buy a "Used" Brown TrenchMaster for under a grand and call it a day.
I am Purchasing another (third) Stihl BR-600 soon. With all the Stihl Gear that I Buy... I wish they would let me Demo out some of their NEW Gear. I would give them some good Feedback.... Honest Feedback.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:02 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Well, guys most of my customers are going to get billed for 5 cuts this month. I have never remembered billing for 4 cuts let alone 5 in the month of August. But next week, if we don't get any rain this weekend we won't be mowing much. lol
Old 08-31-2011, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I would assume they would make it for the kombi and even if they didn't you could buy the shaft and just buy the edger head. I own a brown bededger also but there are times when i really have no room in the truck for it and its overkill on some of the beds i refresh every year.

Had rain this morning but gave me a chance to get billing done. Lawn installs are on track, id say 2/3 done with.

Made the move and ordered my 2nd mower yesterday. I'm feeling pressure to expand so i'm be ready for sping and be nice to run two mowers for leaf cleanups or for the ppl that complain and dont want to pay for bagging leaves.

Still busy busy busy here, hoping to take a 2-3 day weekend but time will tell.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:12 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Got a cut each week on everything, but they're drying out bad again, hard to turn with out ripping them up and making dust when mowing. BLAH. They're calling for 88 tomorrow and 93 friday which is gunna suck too.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:59 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc2006 View Post
Got a cut each week on everything, but they're drying out bad again, hard to turn with out ripping them up and making dust when mowing. BLAH. They're calling for 88 tomorrow and 93 friday which is gunna suck too.
Depending on how much rain we get this weekend. We might not be mowing anything, other than the irrigated lawns, but they have not been watering much either.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

We got a good amount last night and today. Yeehaw
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-01-2011, 08:16 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Just went south of us this morning.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Got caught in a heck of a rain storm today. Waited in the truck for a half hour. Weedwacking and mowing with lightning around just doesn't strike me as a good time.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-01-2011, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Tom if a lightning bolt comes down, just go around like it is a tree, or a sign of some kind.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

ITS GETTING CLOSE TO EXPO TIME.
WHOS GOING?