Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-22-2011, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds like a good deal Kurt.

Well, we had to double cut some lawns today. Can't believe it, it is September 22 and we are double cutting. Better than no cutting like last year.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Its spring again! another 1.4 inches of rain last night and good chances of rain through wednesday. Way too wet to mow today as water is laying around and grounds are just saturated. (basically just under 4' since last monday.) Not worth ripping up yards and loosing customers!
Old 09-27-2011, 03:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The more I sit and think about it, the more I want to make it to the expo this year. (Being unable to work due to rain and wet conditions has me itching to get away). Walker.. you going this year? How far is it from the expo to your place? The lady has an appartment just off campus in cinci so I figured I could drive there and stay after the show.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Brown chicken brown cow.

I might go with a fruit from north canton. mahoney baloney
Old 09-27-2011, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Got yesterday for about 3 hours and mowed after one inch of rain. Just did all the rental properties. Was able to get out today for a full day. Started raining here about 5 pm lightly and then we had some more rain here a little bit ago. This year is turning out to be a good one.

While out working today, I was offered a part time job with the City that I live in with the parks and rec department. Would be a change of scenery if I would be able to do it. lol
Old 10-05-2011, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

WTF? I'm so sick of this rain! It hasn't rained since Mon. Night (Currently: It's wed. going on thurs. here)..... Still SOAKED! I've never encountered such a WET year.
Up here on The "Northcoast" (Eastside of C-Town)..... The Folage is still "WAY GREEN" & "WAY WET!"
Old 10-07-2011, 09:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

.... BTW, It's now Friday going on Sat...... STILL SOAKED!
Old 10-07-2011, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I got a Citation in Willoughby Hills on Rt. 91 for "Unsecured Load." While Driving down the road, some Leaves & Grass (Chopped up from the Walker) were blowing out the back of my truck. It was only 1 dump from my walker and I had BOTH Boards on the sides of my truck. I even got out & tarped it up while he ran my plate..... Still got a ticket. I can PAY IT & Waive it but, I might actually burn a day @ Work & go to court. I'd like to see the dash cam. The whole situation didn't bother me until a few hours later. Once I reflected upon the whole ordeal.... He made me feel like a Criminal. "Less Tackleberry... More Mahoney!" Haha!
Old 10-07-2011, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

In a nut shell can someone explain to me how this thread got a half a million hits? I know if I read the 1000 pages I would understand but I can't even get one person to look at a central Texas site.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:24 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Us Ohio boys are dedicated.

And on the unsecure load, that's becoming big. I had a statey eyeball me for a couple miles about a month ago, had a bed full of grass but luckily it had been rained on so nothing came out. Since then I've left my mesh tarp on the truck and just pull it back at each job. Takes 10 seconds and it's alot nicer to cruise down the road and not feel like an a$$ for dumping grass and leaves everywhere. (not calling u an a$$, that's just how I used to feel lol).
Posted via Mobile Device