Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-29-2012, 11:57 AM
LawnSite Member

Phone is staring to ring, est. are comin in. Ready to be done with this crappy winter
Old 01-29-2012, 02:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

has not been a bad winter, but i am so done with it too......and i am about to get out this month and start pushing for more work, being in my 3rd season now i need to grow
Old 01-29-2012, 06:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTLANDER View Post
has not been a bad winter, but i am so done with it too......and i am about to get out this month and start pushing for more work, being in my 3rd season now i need to grow
Haven't plowed anything... Killing my moneys going into spring
Old 02-01-2012, 03:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

anyone from Solon area, or work in Solon?.....reason im asking is i have a few lawns in Solon, and it is pretty high end. Much more high end than Canton area i know. Was wondering what is the going rate you guys are getting for mowing alittle less than 1 acre in Solon (high end residents)which is most of Solon i guess.LOL............i have an idea, but rates have got to be alittle more competitive there i imagine. Any help would really be appreciated
Old 02-02-2012, 06:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
anyone from Solon area, or work in Solon?.....reason im asking is i have a few lawns in Solon, and it is pretty high end. Much more high end than Canton area i know. Was wondering what is the going rate you guys are getting for mowing alittle less than 1 acre in Solon (high end residents)which is most of Solon i guess.LOL............i have an idea, but rates have got to be alittle more competitive there i imagine. Any help would really be appreciated
Yup I am from solon. Basically it depends what area of solon. But the basics still. 35bucks is min per cut. Obviously if your driving from canton i would consider if that would pay the bills. And if there truely highend Then your best bet would be to sell them on full matainance contracts so you can get all the bed work and stuff added in there too. But most places anywhere from 30-60 vary rarely is there a house here with more then 2 acres

I am over workd and underpaid but maybe its my own fault
Old 02-02-2012, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGR landscapeing View Post
Yup I am from solon. Basically it depends what area of solon. But the basics still. 35bucks is min per cut. Obviously if your driving from canton i would consider if that would pay the bills. And if there truely highend Then your best bet would be to sell them on full matainance contracts so you can get all the bed work and stuff added in there too. But most places anywhere from 30-60 vary rarely is there a house here with more then 2 acres
Thanks man, i really appreciate it. I am working on that also, exactly what you said the full contract. Still have to kinda make some ends meet on the contract estimate with all the travel..but im trying
Old 02-02-2012, 11:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Thanks man, i really appreciate it. I am working on that also, exactly what you said the full contract. Still have to kinda make some ends meet on the contract estimate with all the travel..but im trying
And also if ur adding snow in there too remember that we get alot more snow. average aleast 100 inches a year

I am over workd and underpaid but maybe its my own fault
Old 02-10-2012, 05:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well pocket is hurting some from this winter, but i've lived here long enough to know i'm OK with how this winter has been, and OK with it almost being over...........I am really ready for spring and summer and the work to start this year.This is going to be my year man i am pumped, and cant wait!!........hope everyone has a great year also...........I know hardscaping pretty well, but i'm going to check into any seminars in the area to see if anything new is going on. Anybody know of any seminars off hand? (in Ohio i mean. I'm not wanting to traveling much to go to these..hahahaha)
Old 02-14-2012, 08:52 AM
LawnSite Member

I just went to the Techo-Bloc Showcase here in Columbus. It's worth going and checking out. They have a sweet product, I'm in to stamped concrete but love there paver and wall system. Our huge Home & Garden show is at the end of the month. I had a booth last year but they jerked me around on price this year, and no snow moneys.

Keep the Ohio Thread Going

Bucket Truck/Chipper

Landscapes/Hardscapes

7 Trucks
2 Loaders
1 Mini skid steer
A Army of MEN

Old 02-19-2012, 11:40 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

This winter sucks, just like this business. lol

I'm not looking forward to mowing this year, I'm pushing to get enough work to have a crew mow and I can do landscape work just a couple days a week and focus on other stuff.