Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-09-2012, 01:21 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

So are they better or worse than the usual slack ass American because you know damn well they're collecting gov assistance while screwing the rest of us by working for 15 bucks an hour?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-09-2012, 10:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc2006 View Post
So are they better or worse than the usual slack ass American because you know damn well they're collecting gov assistance while screwing the rest of us by working for 15 bucks an hour?
Posted via Mobile Device
well im just not quick to pass judgement on someone doing anything for themselves..(although i did say you guys might be partially right about some of this). I personally understand that some of us professionals out here were not as fortunate as some others in the business. However not stopping us from being professional, and work hard for what equipment we have, and constantly striving to get better
Old 03-09-2012, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Im very judgemental, but usually right so I don't know if that makes me judgemental or not?

Not being a d/ck, it just amazes me how far this industry has gone down, plus I have to look out the window and see enviroscabs every morning so that dampens my day. There's the king of lowballing
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-10-2012, 10:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc2006 View Post
Im very judgemental, but usually right so I don't know if that makes me judgemental or not?

Not being a d/ck, it just amazes me how far this industry has gone down, plus I have to look out the window and see enviroscabs every morning so that dampens my day. There's the king of lowballing
Posted via Mobile Device
yea well there is prime example of what i was talking about too...a full blown business handed down on a platter...("make it work johnny") its alright im still not threatened. I see these guys working all the time as the big dogs, doing half azz work.....i will be getting alot in the future when everything comes to light...i may be a small operation, but dont have to lowball. My work speaks for itself.................................it just occured to me, we may be talking about different enviro------, but anyway seems the the big dogs these days are the lowballers. Im ok with not having anything handed to me, and working for everything i have (not much overhead either), so i can grow if i want to. How many can say that. This industry is getting too damn ridiculous towards each other in the business and customers are going to start seeing that through much more than just the little guy charging too little, trust me!!
Old 03-10-2012, 11:09 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I'm talking about enviroscabs from canton, they have a Youngstown yard and it's next to my house blah.

Im same as you, started out with my own cash and grow into everything. It's just frustrating doing good work and trying to get a good price, the market is slim for that. Especially with the economy how it is, everyone wants cheap.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-10-2012, 12:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

how do you know they are underbidding? They know their numbers so well they ahve it down to a science. Now don't get me wrong, the owner is a cocky sob.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:19 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

People are throwing their bids out up here because they're so cheap. I mean it's great to be efficient but why bid at $20 an hr when work is going for $40-60? Read the article in lawn and landscape, he argues you have to bid at 19 an hr to win bids.

One bid I saw that was thrown out, a large condo I bid at 760, a friend won at 700, he bid at 240!! He started a pissing match with one of the larger local companies and managed to beat down the snow price at a lowes to 125 a push! It's almost 6 acres! I get 300 for a 3.5 acre lot.

Underbidding or efficient?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-10-2012, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Kurt get it right he gets $115 for Lowes.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-10-2012, 10:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

you read that article kurt!! told you!
Old 03-11-2012, 02:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Guys. I just wanted to drop by and say Hi. I'm just getting ready for the upcoming season. Is anyone out doing cleanups yet? I'm waiting till next week, because the ground is still pretty frozen.... Like Tundra out there. I see everyone is complaining about lowballers. Good to see some things never change.