Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-14-2012, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
I do powerwashing. but I'm in Cincy. We'll she pay for my gas and let me stay the night at her place? I'm a nice guy! I swear!

The grass has been growing ridiculously fast here. I had to cut one clients backyard 7 times because I made the mistake of trying to cut it when it was too wet. Rookie mistake? No. I've been doing this for almost a decade. Been double cutting a bunch too....Can't wait til July when I'm moaning that it's not growing at all.

Oh, and for the love of god....please let it snow this coming winter. I like to eat.
Not sure if she would go for that. Thanks
Old 05-14-2012, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Well, today was interesting. Lawnmower 1 snake 0. Shindaiwa trimmer 1 Baby rabbit 0 What the hell will happen tomorrow, a pet hamster.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I had a terrible day, it was just dry enough to cut, but just wet enough to be annoying and cause tire marks, sliding and enough grass to need to double cut. Yep today sucked
Old 05-15-2012, 11:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

anybody from wooster area on here?
Old 05-20-2012, 06:00 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

We look to be going into a small drought boys. Raise those decks up. AFter this week, I might be going to every 10 days. Things are starting to dry up where other companies are cutting them short. I have had my deck on 4 for the past couple of weeks. I did notice one starting to get some brown. Absolutely no shade on it.

Got hedge trimming to get done so a small break in the mowing won't be to bad. That is until my arms get tired.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:31 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

It's been dry here all year. We had one week where it grew like mad a couple weeks ago and now it's into that dry thinner stage like it usually hits in mid June. I'm at 4" too, this week will be a fast one with how dry it is.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-20-2012, 06:35 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I like these trugreen commercials where they say they'll create a custom plan for your lawn. Yea it's custom, everyone gets 49-0-0. Lol. Their lawns have been nasty this year, tons of weeds, browning real bad all year.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-20-2012, 06:11 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Well the mowing sure has slowed down. Much like this thread. I guess everyone is hanging out on facebook or somewhere else???? I hear we have a cool down coming next week, I hope we get some much needed rain with it. But it looks like only a couple days of rain will be possible.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

rain??? what's that?
Old 06-25-2012, 06:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

If I remember right, the rain falls from the sky. Oh boy, this season looked promising at the start has come to a screaming halt.