Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-12-2012, 11:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

the canton area is swamped with hacks yearly. nothing new.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Heard Impullitti just bought Wheeler Landscaping. Pretty big news for the eastside of Cleveland/Geauga County.

Greatoutdoorsohio.com
Old 12-13-2012, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys if anyone needs mower parts let me know.. I can get pumps, wheel motors, spindles, engines, belts, blades, seats, trac vacs, trailer accessories, z sprayers, generators, grinders, and several other things. I will beat everyone else's prices... So. Let me know if you need something.. 3307881719 Top Notch equipment repair!
Old 12-13-2012, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Turfex, velkes, and tires
Old 12-15-2012, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua View Post
is it just me or did it seem like there were less companies out in the youngstown area this year? and that most of the bigger companies got smaller. just wondering what you guys seen and think.
******bag enviroscabs moved in and hurt alot of the commercial market. The big guys started beating down the prices so bad that they hurt their end of the market. Between ABL and all the other big companies (I wont name the rest since some are on here) are mulching for $30-40 bucks a yard, and mowing lawns for $15-20 bucks, no wonder they can't even afford to pay their employees.

Plus I think the gas industry has already started to help us, I know a few guys that got out of this or other small businesses to join that industry because they can make 50-200K a year off the bat. Only bad part is you have to work 90 plus hours a week.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I know exactly what your saying.. A lot of the big company's around here Have commercial jobs so cheap I don't even bid commercial anymore.. I'm strictly residential. People want me because of quality, and I explain that to all my new customers
Old 12-15-2012, 11:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The day will come when all these cheap big companies run theirselves into the dirt and all are bankrupt.. Then we will be the ones laughing...
Old 12-16-2012, 11:22 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

yea its the tricle down affect. These big companies are going for quantity and the employees that they get only care about that caliber of work, therfor the work they do is reflecting that (that will fall apart in the end, at any price IM ALREADY SEEING IT!)....its a pita when we have to explain them lowball (quantity over quality) prices......but its worth it to see these big dogs try and pay the bills with that work ethic. I laugh when i think about when i was younger and applied to work for these outfits. They made it seem to be so proffesional requesting degrees, and training, and a long drawn out approval hiring process..hahahahah where did that go? and this is the standards that was aiming at?
Old 12-17-2012, 12:06 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Haven't bid on commercial in years. And i typically walk away from most residential customers if they seem to be price shopping. I value my time to much to leave money on the table to get work. Ya KC you got it right, Anyone see the ads on craigslist looking for plow subs? paying $40-60 a hour. Really how do you make money at that if you are a sub? From what i see most of the wannabes or their customers have figured out this isn't for them. I never had so many calls in November from people saying their lawn guy doesn't do leafs. Next year is starting to look like its going to be a interesting year not sure yet if its good or bad.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:01 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Wow that was a good day and night yesterday.... Plowed for about 12hrs.... Ready to take a break today and go sit at my shop.. Lol