Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-22-2007, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbie78 View Post
Nice run mustang! looks like ya smoked him

What kinda numbers you puttin down to the pavement?
Best time today was an 8.36@83.94. (1/8 mile) Best ever quarter mile time was a 12.97@ about 105. That was my friend that I was running against on the run I posted. He had a redlight (.447), I was sleeping on the line (.998) but I still beat him by over a tenth with giving up about a half second on the start.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Member

that's funny! I thought you were just giving him a head start
Old 04-22-2007, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydenstricker Landscaping View Post
Here are a few pics of a lawn install I did last year in October, I just gotta finish the rest up. He wants some retaining walls put in, plants, mulch, etc. I also put in a full irrigation system as well!! I am so proud of this lawn, all 100% pure lush Kentucky bluegrass.
Lawn looks good (great actually) hope your 100% blue does well over time, don't you hate working in the Ryan devs.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lqmustang View Post
I was busy today supporting the tire industry. Work all week, look forward to Sunday.
where are u racing in that pic...doesnt look familiar to me as im always at 42

i have a 79 z28 that runs 13 flat on street tires...guessing 12.8 or so on slicks

383,naturally aspirated
Old 04-22-2007, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Spent the afternoon at Magnolia Drag Strip. It's nice and close, about 15 minutes south of Canton. Used to race at 42 quite a bit, but haven't been there in a couple years. I've heard they are running most of the classes there on the 1/8 mile, so I'm not sure about driving all the way out there when I can run the same distance so close to home. I'm trying to get some suspension work done so I can get my 60ft down in the 1.6 range. Should be consistent 12.7-12.8 if I can get there. Sounds like you and I could have a nice race. Might have to line them up sometime down the road.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lqmustang View Post
Spent the afternoon at Magnolia Drag Strip. It's nice and close, about 15 minutes south of Canton. Used to race at 42 quite a bit, but haven't been there in a couple years. I've heard they are running most of the classes there on the 1/8 mile, so I'm not sure about driving all the way out there when I can run the same distance so close to home. I'm trying to get some suspension work done so I can get my 60ft down in the 1.6 range. Should be consistent 12.7-12.8 if I can get there. Sounds like you and I could have a nice race. Might have to line them up sometime down the road.

sounds like a plan

so, is this magnolia a 1/8 mile? ive never seen anyone run 1/8 at 42....and i go there about 4 times/year....so that doesnt mean it doesnt happen...but i go to test n tune once a month for the summer and never saw an 1/8 mi run
Old 04-22-2007, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Magnolia is 1/8 mile.

From what I've heard, when they repaved the track last spring there is a nasty bump at the end of the track so they made the faster classes 1/8 mile now. From what their website says, the top, mod, and bike classes are all running 1/8, and the street trophy is running the 1/4.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

guess im just too slow to have it affect me lol
Old 04-22-2007, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICS View Post
Lawn looks good (great actually) hope your 100% blue does well over time, don't you hate working in the Ryan devs.
Yes, it did suck. I have a few more to do this year there. I was very impressed with how it turned out. Took three weeks for it to look like that. It is very, very established. When it is fully done, I will have more pics and will most def. be going on some flyers and eventually my website
Old 04-23-2007, 06:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Sydenstricker nice job on the lawn install,looks really good.Hopefully one day i can start doing bigger jobs like that.Thanks for the advice on the bed edger I was thinking of renting also.I also might check on purchasing one also.Have any idea what one might cost.Thanks again

Brent