Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-13-2008, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by born2farm View Post
ya 25 will be pushing it and on a rainy week i will have to bring a helper along. getting 5 done everyday after school 5 days a week with the weekends for extra work and makup days is my goal
don't count your chickens before they hatch, you guys have to agree on something first.
Do any of those include plowing? Its never to early to do snowplow stuff, i pulled my plows today to start making my winter rigs.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

ya travis im not counting on anything. i just want to get everything figured out to see if i can handle it. you know what i mean? i need to get ready though because if i do get them i will have to start at the beginning of September.

we didnt talk to long so im not sure on all the plowing. i know he said that he shovels 8-9 by hand so if they carry over i will probably get a 4 wheeler or just tow my mower around on the trailer. no truck plow this year.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
ya travis im not counting on anything. i just want to get everything figured out to see if i can handle it. you know what i mean? i need to get ready though because if i do get them i will have to start at the beginning of September.

we didnt talk to long so im not sure on all the plowing. i know he said that he shovels 8-9 by hand so if they carry over i will probably get a 4 wheeler or just tow my mower around on the trailer. no truck plow this year.
ya i know what you mean, i would just use you mower, you got a skid loader at the farm right, incase it gets too bad.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

ya im probably going to use the mower..if i get into alot of plowing i will take the skidloader and keep it at my house. i do have a barn in town that i have free use too as long as i keep the lot mowed. im going to store my trailer there so i can just back it in and unkook.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
ya im probably going to use the mower..if i get into alot of plowing i will take the skidloader and keep it at my house. i do have a barn in town that i have free use too as long as i keep the lot mowed. im going to store my trailer there so i can just back it in and unkook.
sounds good, well i'm off, want to get some work done and then start workin on my plows tomorrow. Might have to turn the ac on in the building this week to work in lol
Old 07-13-2008, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

ok elwer. i had to bust ass and get everthing mowed today since i wont be around all week. talk to you guys friday.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwer Lawn Care View Post
don't count your chickens before they hatch, you guys have to agree on something first.
Do any of those include plowing? Its never to early to do snowplow stuff, i pulled my plows today to start making my winter rigs.
ohh travis your gonna plow with the 4wheelers again. why not look for a decent beater i mean then youll have another company truck. wouldnt cost you all that much to throw it on the comm policy

I am over workd and underpaid but maybe its my own fault
Old 07-13-2008, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGR landscapeing View Post
ohh travis your gonna plow with the 4wheelers again. why not look for a decent beater i mean then youll have another company truck. wouldnt cost you all that much to throw it on the comm policy
most of my places i plow are small, 4-wheelers will be easier to get into the drives. I'm makign a 4' blade for sidewalks plus i will make removable wings for the bigger ones. I don't need another truck anyways. I'm hoping that next year i'll have myself a '03-'06 f-250 diesel so then i will plow with it and my parents will probably take the truck i have now.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Whats up guys?? Did some random crap today and bought a new grill. Got the biggest and best that I could find. Oh well, money well spent and I love cooking out!!! Here are a few pics of the grill and parade as well: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...=1#post2417306 Hope you guys have fun this week and Clap, see you bright and early tomorrow, LOL
Flowmaster Super 44's true duals
Cold air intake
300HP worth of stickers on the back window
Salt Dogg TGS06 Spreader
Snow Dogg EX80 plow
16 ft trailer
Scag mowers
Stihl handhelds
Various other tools
Old 07-13-2008, 11:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

hey tom. think youll get any biz from the parade?

hope your staying busy. looks like i will be if everything pans out