Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #5891  
Old 07-17-2008, 08:53 AM
joe the lawn guy joe the lawn guy is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: akron ohio
Posts: 523
you work in my town. it dont bother me.
Reply With Quote
  #5892  
Old 07-17-2008, 09:21 AM
KGR landscapeing's Avatar
KGR landscapeing KGR landscapeing is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: solon, ohio
Posts: 1,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clapper&Company View Post
No A/C for us!

Well I'm telling you what! I'm getting tired of these damn LCOs from other towns coming down here and lowballing accounts from us
Ron when you txtd me where did you see TLC at if its actually them there forsure not low balling,
__________________
KGR landscaping We do it because we love it.
Kevin Robertson

I am over workd and underpaid but maybe its my own fault
Reply With Quote
  #5893  
Old 07-17-2008, 04:53 PM
CLARK LAWN's Avatar
CLARK LAWN CLARK LAWN is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: youngstown, ohio
Posts: 2,523
Clapper you have a PM
__________________
www.clarklawn.com

join us on FACEBOOK www.facebook.com/ClarkLawnMaint
Reply With Quote
  #5894  
Old 07-17-2008, 05:22 PM
CLARK LAWN's Avatar
CLARK LAWN CLARK LAWN is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: youngstown, ohio
Posts: 2,523
i just got a call from a guy that i did some hedge trimming for he flat out told me that he was not going to pay the bill becuase he figured out that i was chargeing $35 per man hour and he thinks that is unreasonable. he was ok with the price that gave him origanly but told me on the phone that he thought we would be there all day not just 3.5 hours. then he goes on to tell me that he is unhappy with the job and there is one shrub that we didnt cut down as far as he wanted. he wanted a shrub that was 6-7 feet high and 10 foot across cut down to 2-3 feet high and wide. i told him i cant do that because the will be nothing left he was fine with it then now he says we didnt do the job right. i asked him if he was so unhappy why didnt you call sooner. he said i lost your number till i got the bill. i asked him were did you get my number in the first place aaa phone book right well its still there.
__________________
www.clarklawn.com

join us on FACEBOOK www.facebook.com/ClarkLawnMaint
Reply With Quote
  #5895  
Old 07-17-2008, 07:08 PM
Travis E's Avatar
Travis E Travis E is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Delphos, Ohio
Posts: 1,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLARK LAWN View Post
i just got a call from a guy that i did some hedge trimming for he flat out told me that he was not going to pay the bill becuase he figured out that i was chargeing $35 per man hour and he thinks that is unreasonable. he was ok with the price that gave him origanly but told me on the phone that he thought we would be there all day not just 3.5 hours. then he goes on to tell me that he is unhappy with the job and there is one shrub that we didnt cut down as far as he wanted. he wanted a shrub that was 6-7 feet high and 10 foot across cut down to 2-3 feet high and wide. i told him i cant do that because the will be nothing left he was fine with it then now he says we didnt do the job right. i asked him if he was so unhappy why didnt you call sooner. he said i lost your number till i got the bill. i asked him were did you get my number in the first place aaa phone book right well its still there.
so if you would have been there all day and still charged the same then he would be fine paying it?! Go find a plumber or electricion (a good one) to do any job for 35dollars and hr!
Reply With Quote
  #5896  
Old 07-17-2008, 08:07 PM
RhinoL&L RhinoL&L is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: grandview Ohio
Posts: 188
man it was hot today! got a lot of mowing done though!!!
Reply With Quote
  #5897  
Old 07-17-2008, 08:33 PM
jpp's Avatar
jpp jpp is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Columbus,Ohio
Posts: 2,124
Well, all of my cutting is done for the week except one yard. I cut it on Tuesday but they want it cut again on Friday due to a wedding in the family on Saturday. Was a warm one out there and I even RAN the a/c today towards the end of the day.

JP
Reply With Quote
  #5898  
Old 07-17-2008, 09:18 PM
WALKER LANDSCAPE's Avatar
WALKER LANDSCAPE WALKER LANDSCAPE is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Loveland Ohio
Posts: 1,411
Thanks for the Birthday wishes guys I feel younger and younger everyday. Wife is taking me out to dinner going to CLAP favorite APPLEBEES going to knock down some "BRUTUS'S" with her. Talk to you later.
__________________
WALKER LANDSCAPE
www.walkerlandscapeandlawncare.com
Reply With Quote
  #5899  
Old 07-17-2008, 09:36 PM
KGR landscapeing's Avatar
KGR landscapeing KGR landscapeing is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: solon, ohio
Posts: 1,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpp View Post
Well, all of my cutting is done for the week except one yard. I cut it on Tuesday but they want it cut again on Friday due to a wedding in the family on Saturday. Was a warm one out there and I even RAN the a/c today towards the end of the day.

JP
i went in to walmart about5 tonight after i got done mowing so i had to put my sweatshirt on in the truck people look at u like ur nuts middle of summer in long pants an a hoodie i put it on cause i soakd my other 2 shirts today
__________________
KGR landscaping We do it because we love it.
Kevin Robertson

I am over workd and underpaid but maybe its my own fault
Reply With Quote
  #5900  
Old 07-17-2008, 09:50 PM
jpp's Avatar
jpp jpp is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Columbus,Ohio
Posts: 2,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGR landscapeing View Post
i went in to walmart about5 tonight after i got done mowing so i had to put my sweatshirt on in the truck people look at u like ur nuts middle of summer in long pants an a hoodie i put it on cause i soakd my other 2 shirts today

Probably thought you were going to rob it. lol
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:58 PM.

Page generated in 0.13717 seconds with 8 queries