Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-19-2007, 03:30 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublinboy13 View Post
I am looking into a Scag or Exmark but I am open to other decisons. That Quick 44 looks nice does anyone have one??

Ian
You can't go wrong with either of those. I am really looking hard at a new scag z turn right now. Buckeye has the quick 36 so he can answer you questions about that mower.

JP
Old 05-20-2007, 10:51 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Whats up guys??? Not too much here. Just enjoying my day off today. Been so friggin busy, but I am lovin it!!! I may be getting rid of my 2000 Silverado in trade for a pre-owned 2007 Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison. It only has 5,000 miles on it and they are asking $24k. Which isnt bad for an 07 diesel. My truck is just becomming a bigger and bigger gas hog. That and my truck's trade in a value is worth more than I owe on it, so no negative equity. So we will see what happens
Old 05-20-2007, 04:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok I was wrong on the truck being a diesel, but it is an 07 HD LT with plow prep, all goodies, jet black, charcoal interior, etc for 24k, which is gonna be 26 k out the door with tax. has 3 yr/36k warranty and the 5 yr/100k warranty too. And they are going to pay off my 2000 with no negative equity due to the trade in value is more than I owe, so good there. Here are a few pics of the prespecitve new baby,
Attached Images

Old 05-20-2007, 06:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

So since your main goal was to increase your MPG's and the new one is not diesel are you still looking into it? With todays market you should either be able to talk them down more or get into a new for for that price.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, I guess after talking to my accounting helper guy (my grandpa ) He said I should just fix mine so it will get more then 8mpg. He would rather see me spend my money on more equipment and such and save some too. So he drove some sense into me I guess. Kudos to him for being smart and his help with consulting me. As nice as it would be to have a full warranty and such, I would much rather like to have more $$$$ in the bank and some more equipment that I really need and will make me more moolah in the long run. So with that being said, I am gonna save and fix my truck up and find a decent used Walker and a push blower, which I am going to desparatlly need this fall since a few of my accounts will be slammed to the max with leaves.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Sydenstricker that would have been a heck of a deal if it was a diesel. That is a nice looking truck for a Chevy. If you are looking for a used diesel you might look a older dodge with a cummins them things will run forever. So has everybody been staying busy?
Old 05-20-2007, 08:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Did anyone go to the 4wheel jamboree or Tug-A-Truck in Lima, Ohio? If not it was a good time. A lot of nice looking rigs. And some pretty good deals on truck accessories.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Just to mix it up a bit- I'm running around in a 2004 Chevy 1/2 ton without a problem. It definitley has its limitations in regards to hailing heavier loads, but I have to admit it handles the Western Poly Pro without a problem. I know the standard truck is 3/4 ton, and I will be trading in soon...I would love to hear some comments or advice on my new purchase. 3/4 or 1/2 ton? Mileage sucks even worse on the 3/4 and for roughly the same price, my half ton has leather, power folding mirrors-which I am totally spoiled on ...so i don't know about the 3/4 ton...I am thinking i am better off buying a used 70's GMC dump which is available to me...Any advice is very welcome...
Old 05-20-2007, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawn-kid View Post
Sydenstricker that would have been a heck of a deal if it was a diesel. That is a nice looking truck for a Chevy. If you are looking for a used diesel you might look a older dodge with a cummins them things will run forever. So has everybody been staying busy?
I wouldnt get a dodge if someone gave it to me. If they did, I would go trade it in immediatly for a Chevy. I am a die hard Chevy/GMC guy here

And Umbach, you would be better off with the new 3/4 ton rather than some old 70's dump. That thing would be worse on gas than 2 new 3/4 ton trucks!!!!
Old 05-20-2007, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Member

lol what I meant was I will be getting a new truck regardless. I currently have a 78 chevy as my backup plow truck. I am removing so much debris anymore- it just seems stupid to do this without a dump. Especially with the new accounts I picked up this year, I am trying to figure out how in the world I am going to remove all the leaves without killing myself. I was thinking the old dump would be a nice addition to my collection-along with the leaf vacuum attachment that hooks up on the back...