Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-21-2007, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, thanks... I appreciate the kind words and encouragement. My previous employer has a few walkers for sale. If he hasn't already sold them.... He has 2 Kohler gas walkers (24hp, I think) and another Diesel 16.2 Kubota (from our fleet) for sale. I bought the one that I used to use everyday on my crew, but he still has several to sell. I don't know the particulars on the models, but if you are Serious, I can get the info.... No Problem, just let me know. He's in Willoughby Hills. I am sure, however; that he's looking for between $3,500 - $4,000 for each. Anymore info, I'll need to check.... Just let me know. Until then... Ciao.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Tom, Whats going on buddy, called and left your a VM tonight. Been running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Had like 4 pages to read so I was up to speed.

I agree with pappy on the truck.

Walker, I have a good one for you, you know how u had the mower problems last week. This week is my turn LOL.

Was working on one of my trucks, it needed new plugs, wires ECT. So we got all but 2 of the 8 plugs out. Yes 2 of the rusted POS plugs broke off in the head, they broke right at the nut, so we tryed to EZ-out them tonight, but was beat. So were going to work on it in the moring. Dose any one else have any Ideas?? We use this truck all the time and can realy afford to have it down very long.,

On a more happy note, got a hell of a deal on a jump pack from Napa today.

Ok later guys.

Ron Clapper
Clapper & Company
Lawn Care & Landscaping
Snow & Ice Management
Old 05-22-2007, 06:55 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ronnie, I heard the VM, I was in bed though. I will give you a shout later.

Yeah my grandpa is usually right about things that have to do with $$$$$.

About your truck, I had the same issue with my 84 K20 I had. To get them out, I pulled the fender off, inner fender and had to sit on the axle and drill them out. Maybe try a left hand drill bit?? That should get in there and bite it. Give it a few shots of PB Blaster and some heat then do it. Good Luck
Old 05-22-2007, 09:43 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Tom, When you didnt answer I knew you were in bed.

Yea, we got to EZ out thing going on. Going to hit it with PB and let it soak some of it up. And try using the EZ out again. It was late and we gave up on it for the night. We've drilled them out before and had to put a Hele Coil in the hole to peplace the threads. I'll keep you posted on the out come, if we got to pull the heads to do it, I'm not sure what i'm going to do. I cant really afford to have that truck down that long. Might just pull the motor and drop a new 350 from napa in it

Ron Clapper
Clapper & Company
Lawn Care & Landscaping
Snow & Ice Management
Old 05-22-2007, 06:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clapper&Company View Post
Tom, When you didnt answer I knew you were in bed.

Yea, we got to EZ out thing going on. Going to hit it with PB and let it soak some of it up. And try using the EZ out again. It was late and we gave up on it for the night. We've drilled them out before and had to put a Hele Coil in the hole to peplace the threads. I'll keep you posted on the out come, if we got to pull the heads to do it, I'm not sure what i'm going to do. I cant really afford to have that truck down that long. Might just pull the motor and drop a new 350 from napa in it
Sounds like fun If you ever get your damn dump going, you could use that Whats a motor cost from napa?? 2000 or so?? Why dont you just get another truck and just get rid of it? But keep me posted, I know lots of places, etc to get goodies for a 350!!!

On that note, LOL!!

I got another account today. The lady and her husband are both doctors, so they got the $$$ and pay their bills on time, they are an older couple (50's) They want lawn maint, beds put in, plants, retaining walls, patio, and snow plowing. Heck I already have 12 people signed up for snow plowing and it only May!!! So things are on the slow uphill swing. I would like to have 30-40 or so accounts next year. We will see what happens
Old 05-22-2007, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sup fellaz? Long day for me, just got home. Trimmed some hedges on a few of my accounts, got my usual customers taken care of.... All and all, it was a good day. Nothing broke down, weather has been great, I'm working on my LANDSCAPER'S TAN. Sorry to hear about your truck. I'm a 1 crew operation with 2 guys, and I don't know what I'd do if my truck was down (I only have One). As far as dropping a new engine in it.... Ha, way outta my league. Give me a manual though and I guess that I could do it (I wouldn't trust my own work though... Sad, I know). I love to learn how to do new things, but some things I like to leave to the professionals. Well, I hope it all works out. If you are in the Cleveland area, I can help you out if you need a hand with anything, although I can't get free to help out until after 6:00 or 7:00pm. Just let me know. I'm more of a "Jack of all trades... Master of NONE".... Except for cutting grass... Then I must say.... I OWN I hope that this rain that they are talking about on Friday holds off. I need to get some work done this week. Talk to ya later.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey felas how is everyone we all need it to rain I know that much the yards are like dust except the one with irragation.
We are staying busy thou. Hope you are all doing the same.
JOSH
Old 05-24-2007, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Whats up Josh??? Been busy here for sure!!! Yeah, the lawns are gettin kinda crisp Already had to bump the mower up another notch.

Got a question for ya'll. One of my customers wants like 2-3 tons of gravel down the sides of their drive. Do you just charge gravel installation like mulch or is it different?? There is no prep, just spread and run
Old 05-27-2007, 08:46 AM
LawnSite Member

Thank god for that rain the lawns sure needed it.

Got a question for ya'll. One of my customers wants like 2-3 tons of gravel down the sides of their drive. Do you just charge gravel installation like mulch or is it different?? There is no prep, just spread and run

To that question i would charge from 180 to 250.
Ferris is1500 48/21
Stihl 110 edger
Stihl 110 trimmer
Stihl 85 trimmer
Stihl Hs 45 hedge trimmer
Husqvarna 145bt blower
Arctic cat 650 4x4
Arctic cat 400 4x4
Old 05-27-2007, 10:00 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey thanks TriP!!!! I just havent done any gravel yet and didnt know which way to go with the cost. I appreciate it!!!!

Yes the lawns and everything else for that matter needed the rain we got. It still wouldnt hurt to see a lil more.

Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday weekend!!!