Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-13-2007, 05:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

we got calls from our customers after our letter went out And they all said to wait till end of month first of april for clean ups which bothers me oh well they will pay more once we get busy.

Details make money!
Old 03-13-2007, 05:21 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Hey guys, Young Pup from plowsite here. What a wonderful day today. Nice, warm and sunny. I even think I got a sunburn on my face. lol Got the mowers, backpacks, and rolling blower fired up today. Need to work on the handheld and try to start the trimmers. Had the trimmers out of sight so I forgot about them All blades are sharp. Still need to do oil changes and general maintenance on them though.

Even went ahead and cleanup up the yard. I have 6 spring cleanups lined up as of right now. Going to do those at the end of the month unless the phone starts ringing for them then I will start asap. Maybe snow flurries on the weekend here.

JP
Old 03-13-2007, 05:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i hope it doesn't snow if it would stay warm we could actually start mowing week one in April usually it is the second week when mowing starts.

Details make money!
Old 03-13-2007, 06:56 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Gemma View Post
i hope it doesn't snow if it would stay warm we could actually start mowing week one in April usually it is the second week when mowing starts.

On my letters that I sent out I had April 2nd as the start date. It all depends on how fast everything turns. I believe last year we did about half of the yards the first week of April and the second week was full bore on everything.

JP
Old 03-13-2007, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Whats up everybody??? Got my trailer and all my goodies today!!!! Painted the trailer up real nice black, picked up my new Scag belt wb with that new fenangled Velocity deck. And got an Echo PB 620 backpack. I am happier than Rosie O'Donnel at the Ricky Martin concert!!! So of course with me getting new toys, I had to use them. Went to my dad's house and cleaned his yard up. The mower sucked the leaves up with no problem at all. I gotta get some pics soon of the truck and trailer!! Felt so nice to be able to wear a t-shirt and shorts outside today. I dont even want to think about the snow they are talking about this weekend As far as me starting to go out and get spring clean-ups going, end of March begining of April??? We shall see!!
Old 03-13-2007, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey felas just goy in, What a day dethatched some props and edge the beds an those for mulch. Aeration tomorrow. Layed 900' of Drip irrigation system for a customer CHA CING.
Syden
Weather is nice YES it is.
CC
Still did not get it maybe the wife is deleting in my spam or something Try one more time and Call me when you do if its before nine.
EVERYONE
Look for some designs for Weed Eater Racks Here you go Lock able and Cheap Payed $35.00 a set. Have one more set left.
LET THE MULCH FLY BOYS.
JOSH
Attached Images

Old 03-13-2007, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Tom, Good to hear you got your stuff.

Walker, glad your getting some work done, we got some stuff lined up, but nothing we can do this week. Weather permiting i'm hope we can start next week.

Younpup, how are you my friend, long time no see, lol.

Ron Clapper
Clapper & Company
Lawn Care & Landscaping
Snow & Ice Management
Old 03-14-2007, 12:07 AM
LawnSite Member

Hey guys.

I put out some doorhangers today, think its too early with the weekend coming up? I only put out 100 or so to highend customers.

I made that bid today. I felt very confident with my bid and I feel that they might accept it too. Which then would be my first customer. Excited!

Anybody know where I can look into getting a 12" trailer? Smith trailers and equipment. Anybody ever dealt with them? What price do you think I can figure on paying. I went to a dealer few weeks ago and he said about $1200 I believe.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:00 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Glad to hear you, you feel good about it. Hope you get the account.

Ron Clapper
Clapper & Company
Lawn Care & Landscaping
Snow & Ice Management
Old 03-14-2007, 11:16 AM
LawnSite Member

ready eddy

yeh ready to get it on
glad to see the ohioans coming out

i have a question for you all, i have been reading about gas prices being at $3.00 in mid summer, kinda like last summer. are you guys raising prices now or waiting?

thanks for the help
brian