Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-03-2009, 10:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

This is the dump trailer that i'm most likely going to get...

http://www.pjtrailers.com/detail.cfm?ID=D2
Old 05-04-2009, 06:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwer Lawn Care View Post
This is the dump trailer that i'm most likely going to get...

http://www.pjtrailers.com/detail.cfm?ID=D2
poor littletruck. ill start planning its funeral now for you travis

I am over workd and underpaid but maybe its my own fault
Old 05-04-2009, 08:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I just saved that truck a lot of other work tho, when completing this purchase of the dump trailer, I will not be plowing snow with the truck. In fact i'm probably going to get out of plowing all together and double up on classes over the winter or get another job.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Well, off to a dry start for the week. That is good, because the ground is soaked down here. I like cutting dry grass a lot better too. I am on my spring rotation, the yards I cut today will get cut on Friday again.

JP
Old 05-04-2009, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Has anyone had any good luck finding good top soil. Found some nice stuff for $26 a yard, sound expensive?
Old 05-05-2009, 01:25 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAX76CJ View Post
I don't really do too much business with Ohio Mulch. I used to go there all the time when it was run by Kurtz Bros. I went there last year because I heard that they were taking clippings for free. They charged me $20 for the whole truck....... Needless to say I haven't been back. I go to DeMilta Sand & Gravel to dump. Usually costs me between $5-$10 to dump my truck..... Brush, Tree Branches, and Hedge Clippings costs more...... Sometimes it's free. I buy a lotta product there (mulch, stone, etc). So they sometimes "Hook" me up.

Ohio Mulch is cheaper on leaves and woody materials. DeMilta is cheaper on grass clippings. Nick at DeMilta gives me great prices on mulch. However, the dragon lady sister, treats me like we're married. Last year, I bought 150 yards of mulch from them. If you get them to deliver your mulch, you always get more than you order.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:32 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAX76CJ View Post
....BTW, I saw you on Monday @ Dudley Park.
What color truck? Red, blue or green? I'm in the red Chevy. My kid drives the blue Chevy. The green Dodge is a career employee. I don't think it was me, I think I was in Geauga county doing the water treatment plants. The pungent smell of mulch has nothing on these places.....
Old 05-05-2009, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I've had a few laughs today and a few what were they thinking moments! First of all, while mowing at a customers house that i picked up about 3 mowings ago, another landscape company had been working on his mulch (big company btw) and when the bed edged, they hit the asphalt and took a good chunk out of it. Not just in one plass but 2! and they just put mulch in it! I would of atleast went and purchased asphalt patch. Then my uncle was talking to me and said i should hire his neighbor to work for me as he just pulled out some shrubs with a chain and tractor and replanted them across the lawn!!! Wow some people really have not a clue at all.

O well thats my story for the day.

Dump trailer comes in tomorrow or thursday!
Old 05-05-2009, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwer Lawn Care View Post
I've had a few laughs today and a few what were they thinking moments! First of all, while mowing at a customers house that i picked up about 3 mowings ago, another landscape company had been working on his mulch (big company btw) and when the bed edged, they hit the asphalt and took a good chunk out of it. Not just in one plass but 2! and they just put mulch in it! I would of atleast went and purchased asphalt patch. Then my uncle was talking to me and said i should hire his neighbor to work for me as he just pulled out some shrubs with a chain and tractor and replanted them across the lawn!!! Wow some people really have not a clue at all.

O well thats my story for the day.

Dump trailer comes in tomorrow or thursday!
Ya will yank it with a chain it should be fine to plant again. lets see today i got to cut grass that was way long couldnt bag it cause it kept clogging the bagger made a mess. mower blew cunks on the neighbors house the grade is nasty. just as i am finishing blowing off here come the neighbors landscaping company. you got grass in her bed and blah blah. dont get me wrong i had already blew whati could so i just tuned him out.

I am over workd and underpaid but maybe its my own fault
Old 05-06-2009, 05:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

well as crappy as it has been I think I got it figured out bagging only with the walker and using the new turf tiger I no longer fear spring grass. what a relief. landscaping is still slow.

Details make money!