Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-08-2007, 12:41 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinoL&L View Post
Walker, grandview is in columbus ohio. I actually live about 2 min away from jpp or JP. Getting ready to go out and mow my customers who water and give some landscape est.

shawn
Shawn,

I was wondering how long it would take for you to get here. The rain we got on the fourth sure did not help much.I figured by Monday things would be green but that is not the case. Still going to go by at least two routes this week and maybe a few that I skipped last week to see what is shaking or baking in the sun I should say.

JP
Old 07-08-2007, 01:38 PM
LawnSite Member

we need some rain! this heat is going to drive me crazy . i hate going by my lawns to see brown crunchy looking grass. We may have to start the rain dance! lol
Old 07-08-2007, 06:20 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinoL&L View Post
we need some rain! this heat is going to drive me crazy . i hate going by my lawns to see brown crunchy looking grass. We may have to start the rain dance! lol
Just wait until 3 a days start for practices. I will be the one laughing then. Went by some more yards this afternoon and the rain did very little for them that is for sure. Calling for some maybe mid week.

JP
Old 07-08-2007, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Member

3 a days, practice after school and games make it hard to squeeze mowing, leaf clean ups and fall clean ups into saturday afternoons and sundays but I'll have my uncle and another guy do most of the work during football season.
Then after football is over i will do more of the work. After that in nov. thru feb. hopefully i will get to use the plow on that stuff... oh yeah snow! and have some fun this winter, hopefully with a new TRUCK!
Shawn
Old 07-08-2007, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

hello all
i haven't been on the site in awhile, but see some names from plowsite. just stoping by to say whats ^ ... i now have a weeks work and thats it! DRY wheather s!cks man!!!!!!!! on plowsite my name was crb 2500... I will try to check back here tomarrow . rain dance tonight !
Old 07-08-2007, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

CRB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whats going on man????? Havent heard from you in so long!!!!! Glad to see you are back!!!! Yeah, I think we are all working on the Ohio rain dance, lol. It sucks, but hopefully when it rains, it pours.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:22 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Well the rain we got last week did some greening up, but with the hights int he 90's the past two days theyare going back to brown. Yards were at 14 days and had very little to zero growth.

JP
Old 07-09-2007, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Member

ive heard our best chance for some rain is wed. but still they are only saying 60% but then from wed. on it is supposed to cool off to low 80s
Old 07-09-2007, 07:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

This is really starting to stink!!! The leaves on the trees are already starting to look wilted and dried up. If this keeps up, we could have an early fall. They are saying 60% or so for weds to here, but it doesnt mean its gonna happen. Oh well, just keep hanging on like this past winter, rain will come sooner or later
Old 07-09-2007, 07:54 PM
LawnSite Member

i have the same thing happenign at a few of my houses. I fell like i need to get the baggers, blowers and rakes out lol. I have been doing a rain dance for the past week and havent seen a drop! hopefully it just takes a few days for the rain hopefully we will get the rain on wed they are talking about