Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-14-2009, 10:06 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The only thing we could be busy with at 12 and 1 am is drinking or sleeping, lol. (Im sure there are others, but I wont list)
Old 06-15-2009, 12:53 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Drinking, sleeping and yes many other options there Tom! lol
Old 06-15-2009, 06:13 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sup Fellaz? I'm ALIVE! It's been busy for me lately. I had a guy (Best Friend) quit, then my other guy had to serve time for a DUI. So last week I mostly had to roll alone. I stayed out till 9:00pm a few nights. I got em done. Other than that.... We've been busy. I should be getting my new Welder this week, I got my fingers crossed.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well, I made it through another day. They're calling for rain tonight after Midnight. If it rains tomorrow, I guess I'll do Maintenance on my Machines, get parts, Maybe pack the bearings on my trailer's Hubs, and take my truck in to get the "U"-Joint put on my rear Diff (already paid for, just waiting on parts). Looks to be rainy, but also looks to be a busy day..... Let's hope I can just cut some grass.

Anyone know where I can get a tank "Cheap" for my Welder? I just need a Tank, doesn't need to be filled, I'll get it filled w/ 80% O2 and 20% Argon or 95/5 if I HAVE to. Anyone know what they run? Just wondering.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

when i bought a tank for my welder, on ebay they were decently cheap, shipped empty of course.

I went in town here (youngstown) and paid like 110 or 130 filled for a good size tank. It's like a 20 or 25 pounder (compairing to a nitrous bottle because i don't know exactly what it is). Only costs 28 to get it filled here too.

It rained all morning here, till about 3, cleared up for an hour and now it's thundering and getting black. Played in the garage all day, I still need to go get blades and oil/filter and do that stuff before tomorrow.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Member

I have been swamped with things to get done . I'm only using 1 guy this year now i have gone threw a few but no one can keep up . we still have lots of work so I'm Happy have new landscape software for my computer . It makes the sale go so much better . It was not cheap tho.

I had to replace a motor on one of the riders i went with a long block so i could get it done fast. it was 2 g's and i did the work . now i have most every thing going great .

I would like to go to a truck pull or mud run . if anyone knows of one let me know .
Old 06-17-2009, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Did i mention i hate rain ? o well ya i do i nolonger have to shower for like a week cause its gonna take me that long to dry out. It rain so hard for 10 mins it felt like somebody was dropping bricks on me

I am over workd and underpaid but maybe its my own fault
Old 06-17-2009, 10:12 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

at about 4 it opened up here and just stopped alil bit ago. I walked out on the yard at 7 and it was soaked and squishing. Grass should grow good for another week!
Old 06-17-2009, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Member

I had to call a guy to get my gutters cleaned $50 . i guess that's better than a another $63,000 bill with a broken body . yep i hate rain too . It started at 10 a.m. here stopped than soon as the grass dried up it rained more . its going to be nice tomorrow.

Keivn , how is the new house did that go ok ?
Old 06-18-2009, 12:50 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok guys I need to vent..

Im getting fed up with my competition acting so..childish for the lack of better terms. People that I have given work to and/or worked with! They cant even put the effort into lifting up their hand to wave back. Now up till this year they all were fine and it just seems like the more stuff i have, the less they talk or even notice me. They may think im spoiled and my parents buy all my equipment...NO i have worked my ass off for everything. I have NEVER bid against one, and trust me, i know some of their prices and i could easily go offer 5 dollars less then them but I dont and dont ever want to think about doing that!! So ya it pisses me off because I want to be on good terms with everyone but then again it just gives me more of a kick in the ass to work my ass off to show them in the long run.

The other day i noticed another person that looked like my age mulching down the road from me and i was fertilizing commercial property next door. So i took down his number and sent him a text saying he does very nice work and thats coming from competition. We then talked and both are on the same page and we had hardly known each other. Yet he is younger more respectfull then most everyone else around.

I hear some of you guys talking about seeing each other and always wanting to meet up for lunch and what not. I wish everyone was as respectfull as you guys!

Ok I can breathe now..