Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-24-2009, 09:05 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

BTW..its 9am and its 81 out already with sun and no wind. Forcast for 93, sunny, calm winds.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:28 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ahh AC in the new house wht a nice thing. O ya so i have clean gutters ran the roto tiller fixd a mower for the neighbor fixd my tiller and cut some grass. and some other jobs. busy week

I am over workd and underpaid but maybe its my own fault
Old 06-24-2009, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Hey guys took a trip to the er on Monday and spent the night in observation unit at the hospital. Had to take a stress test on Tuesday morning. So far everything has come back normal. I don't know if that is good or not, because I am still getting some chest pains and back pains. Going to my doctor Thursday afternoon for a follow up.

AFter getting out of the hospital Tues afternoon, I went out and cut and cut some more today. Did not feel to bad until the end of the day when I was getting tired. Well, I know it is early but I am going to hit the bed because I am tired and just don't feel 100 percent. Some discomfort in the chest and the sun took its toll on me.

JP
Old 06-24-2009, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

First step of the waterfall/pond done today. Got the liner made and put into place and also started the flagstone around it but need to take it back out to morter some of them im to make it stronger. Waterfall will be done tomorrow I hope.

It looks alot bigger and nicer in person. The water loooks nasty but it was actually clear as can be, pumped it from the pool so it would be warm water while working lol, boy the pool water level dropped alot tho
Attached Images

Old 06-25-2009, 09:42 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Travis, the pond looks very nice so far. Cant wait to see the finished pics!!!

JP, you take it easy man. Dont need you having a heart attack!!! Take care of yourself and if you need anything just ask!!
Old 06-27-2009, 06:49 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydenstricker Landscaping View Post
Travis, the pond looks very nice so far. Cant wait to see the finished pics!!!

JP, you take it easy man. Dont need you having a heart attack!!! Take care of yourself and if you need anything just ask!!

Thanks Tom.

Well the week got worse today. I had two backpack blowers stolen and a brand new trimmer just one month old. Here is a thread I started for some input on bp blowers. Please give me your guys thoughts as well. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...30#post3065930

JP
Old 06-27-2009, 07:10 PM
LawnSite Member

JP
sorry to here your luck , if it wernt for bad luck you wouldn't have any. LOL

Things are slowing here . I only have 1 week of work left than its just mowing and bed work . I hope I get some calls this week . I had a pully on the 60" roll acrossed a yard last week that sucked . the new one is $20 but I just picked up my old w/b and finshed the week . we only had 10 lawns left . now i have to take off an hour on Monday so i can pick up a new pully what a pain .

how are all you doing ? Anyone else slowing ?
Old 06-27-2009, 07:20 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Just a couple of trim jobs to do and the grass is greening back up. We finally got some rain so next week will be a full week of mowing for me again.

JP
Old 06-27-2009, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

All the rain the other day just appeared after it was past our area so its getting dry here. This is the first week all year that I have not mowed all my lawns. I mowed not even half this week and will mow the rest monday/tuesday and some will probably get pushed to even wednesday. Finished my waterfall today but by the time i mowed it was too dark to take a picture. Just need to redo all the landscape lights and get some plants and it will be completly finished. I like how it turned out, was a lot of hard work with the flagstone tho. Oh, and I am really slowing down too. I even rebid a couple of jobs a little lower that customers decided to hold off on just in hopes to get some more work lined up.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I went for a couple weeks with no real calls. This week I got a few in and managed to land them. Prior to these ones, I had enough to keep me until mid july. So I'm good till probably 3rd week of july.

Now if only people would pay. Resi's are paying good, all my commercial work is slow this year, taking 30-45 days, they used to be 20-30 days before they'd pay.