Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-10-2007, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydenstricker Landscaping View Post
Joe, pm sent!!!! Thank you for the offer!!!

JP, I will trade you and work in the rain rather than not work at all!!! Usually when I hear "crunch" come from grass, it is 20 degrees outside and covered in snow/ice. Not 95 degrees and burnt!!! But Im glad at least some of us are getting rain!!!
We need more rain than we have gotten in the past few days that is for sure. I was just not pressed to get them done. They are at 14 days and barely need it as it is. I actually had one customer call me and said his lawn perked up from last weeks rain. I went to cut it and it looked exactly the same as it did last week. I just laughed and went ahead and cleaned it up.

JP
Old 07-10-2007, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

wtf...this drought sucks...we did about 4 of 12 customers today. tomorrow we have still 'on', but if we see the customers b4 we mow, im guessing 2 of em might wave us off

sucks...i need some $$$ this is 2 early. i have npt seen a drop of rain in 2+ weeks
Old 07-10-2007, 09:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I know the feeling JP. We have not gotten a single drop probably since early to mid June. We would need several days of good steady rain to make up for this lack of rain we have gotten. Basically now I am only doing my 2 commercials, cause for some reason they always have some growth, and I can still bill em if I only even just pick up some trash and blow down the parking lots. At least that is some $$$.

Now that a good portion of the country is under a drought and not as many people are working as much or making $$$, its time to raise the damn gas prices!!! They gotta make sure they can still kick the little guy when hes down. Bastards
Old 07-10-2007, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Gas prices shoot. I just saw it at 3.19 today. What the heck is that. It was just up to 2.99 yesterday when I went and got gas.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Its crazy. It was 2.79 here yesterday and now 3.19 today. This whole gas price fluctuation of 20-30 cents or more at time is a little rediculous. But you gotta have gas to work, so just have to suck up and pay it. Oh well
Old 07-10-2007, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Yep regardless of price we still need it. Unless we come up with solar units.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Just wanted to say hello to everybody whom readys this forum on a regular basis. I've been reading for a long time and just started posting. Not enough rain yet, hopefully we'll get a little more than just the weeds growing.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Gotta love the rain...hopin we get more!!!
Old 07-12-2007, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey felas how is everyone doing we have been getting rain about everyone night works out well. The drought has helped with our waiting list on landscaping thou. Its is sort of a double negative I guess
JOSH
Old 07-12-2007, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Still no rain here. This just can lick my ass!!! I think we have seriously gotten .75-.80 of an inch since the end of may. Doing alot of sitting around here lately. I would use this time to get more work, but people here would laugh and ask if I was ok. So just sit, twiddle my thumbs and not do any nonsense spending/driving for a bit, until things pick up. Although I did drive around and look at a few of my lawns, I will def. need the bagger for them if I actually cut next week. A few of them look like early fall lawns, with that nice thin layer of leaves on them. Looks like an early start to fall here fellas