Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-07-2009, 05:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i'm going fishing tomorrow in A.M, and gonna stay all day....well what day we have left, this getting dark at 5:30 stuff sucks.......................i'll just have to pick back up with things on monday, and bust azz all week next week
Old 11-07-2009, 05:13 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I took the day off to Kurt, well no work sat in class all day and again tomarrow. Looks like another nice week should get alot done

join us on FACEBOOK www.facebook.com/ClarkLawnMaint
Old 11-09-2009, 08:13 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Well, let me first say I love life with a leaf loader.But today, I about had a heart attack. My brother went to the back yard to start cutting. I am loading leaves into the truck going about my business. Had my music playing on my head and raking leaves into the suction hose. I turn around and look at the loader, I see flames coming from the top of the loader. I have a billy goat loader.

Freaking leaves fell on top of the muffler and caught fire. I ran over with the rake and knocked them to the ground. The son of a gun caught the leaves on the ground on fire too. I used the to rake it further out into the street away from the pile. Instead of using a fire extingusiher, I fill a 5 gallon bucket up with water and make sure the leaves were out. I then proceeded to dump water on top of the loader to make sure I got all the flames out as well.

After all that I went ahead and finished loading and went on to the next yard. I would have loved to seen the look on my face when I saw the flames.

JP
Old 11-09-2009, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

yea you gotta watch that. The other night i was loading up a pile in the dark and you could see the leaf particles burning and flying everywhere when they'd go near the muffler, heck half the muffler was starting to turn red after running it for 45 mins.

I almost got beat up today over a leaf job. I pulled up to a place i've done for 3 years, I start to unload the blower and another company pulls up next door. Turns out the lady called this other company too in hopes that one would get there faster than the other, but we just so happen to show up at just about the same time. So the one fool starts with me and he's like "well theres 3 of us and one of you, wanna go?" I was like wtf? They all work for this company so it's no big loss to them yet this guy is getting crazy on me. So I started to walk to the truck and I said to the dude, "You sure you wanna take on a 9mm?" lol. The crew leader started apologizing about the idiot and said to just go ahead and do it since i was there.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc2006 View Post
yea you gotta watch that. The other night i was loading up a pile in the dark and you could see the leaf particles burning and flying everywhere when they'd go near the muffler, heck half the muffler was starting to turn red after running it for 45 mins.

I almost got beat up today over a leaf job. I pulled up to a place i've done for 3 years, I start to unload the blower and another company pulls up next door. Turns out the lady called this other company too in hopes that one would get there faster than the other, but we just so happen to show up at just about the same time. So the one fool starts with me and he's like "well theres 3 of us and one of you, wanna go?" I was like wtf? They all work for this company so it's no big loss to them yet this guy is getting crazy on me. So I started to walk to the truck and I said to the dude, "You sure you wanna take on a 9mm?" lol. The crew leader started apologizing about the idiot and said to just go ahead and do it since i was there.
Dang Kurt and I thought I had a funny story. That one beats mine, no pun intended. I bet they bought crapped their pants when you said 9mm. I still am laughing.

Oh and we only got 5 yards done today. 2 of them were just covered in leaves. Also, I might fab a cover for over the muffler, good idea or bad? The sides are open so it will vent but just not 100 percent sure if I should cover it. Going to put barn doors on the box, so that should help with the leaf fall out. Right now I have a half a board back there with a tarp net over the rest.

Thanks,

JP
Old 11-09-2009, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

a shield would be ok, if you just did like a simple C looking piece of metal that covers the top and sides some, to basicly keep the leaves from falling on the muffler. Leave like a 1" gap between the muffler and the shield to let air flow and keep the muffler cool still.

And you gotta enclose the whole box, best way. I get just a very fine dust out the top of the box (all net tarp), i really should do like 2 or 3' of wood at the back of the top to keep the dust mostly towards the front of the truck, that'd help me alot.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc2006 View Post
a shield would be ok, if you just did like a simple C looking piece of metal that covers the top and sides some, to basicly keep the leaves from falling on the muffler. Leave like a 1" gap between the muffler and the shield to let air flow and keep the muffler cool still.

And you gotta enclose the whole box, best way. I get just a very fine dust out the top of the box (all net tarp), i really should do like 2 or 3' of wood at the back of the top to keep the dust mostly towards the front of the truck, that'd help me alot.
Thanks Kurt, I read this off line and did some minor adjustments but have yet to get t the back fully enclosed. That will be my off season project.

I am winding down here pretty quickly. With any luck I should be done next week. I am still advertising you rake them we will take them though in some papers where they dont have yard waste services. I have one that is scheduled for pick up tomorrow so I hope to get some more in the area while I am there.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:33 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey felas,
I dont get on here and ***** very much, actually not at all. LOL.
BUT,
Here we go I have talked about ECHO and made them the greatest thing ever to use. There is no other, well there is one thing the customer service that comes with it. I have been a loyal customer to ECHO for over a decade. I have owned many pieces from blowers to chainsaws.
Yes this is long LOL.
ANYHOW,
My newest 755T blower bought in March siezed up on me. I took it to that place on BRAMBLE road. You know where it is if your from around here. They tell ECHO that the gas mix was wrong. Thats funny because the rest of the equipment 4 Weed,other 2 blowers same gas can WF. They have the district manager from ECHO call me and, he is a professional BSer he know every excuse you can think of.
I am not going to sell ALL my ECHO stuff no but, I will never ever but another piece again. I know I am just a drop in the well but, still. Oh and the dealer said he would knock the labor off if I bought blower from him to top it off. That was awfully nice of him don't you think. The F'er. I am done thanks.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:47 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WALKER LANDSCAPE View Post
Hey felas,
I dont get on here and ***** very much, actually not at all. LOL.
BUT,
Here we go I have talked about ECHO and made them the greatest thing ever to use. There is no other, well there is one thing the customer service that comes with it. I have been a loyal customer to ECHO for over a decade. I have owned many pieces from blowers to chainsaws.
Yes this is long LOL.
ANYHOW,
My newest 755T blower bought in March siezed up on me. I took it to that place on BRAMBLE road. You know where it is if your from around here. They tell ECHO that the gas mix was wrong. Thats funny because the rest of the equipment 4 Weed,other 2 blowers same gas can WF. They have the district manager from ECHO call me and, he is a professional BSer he know every excuse you can think of.
I am not going to sell ALL my ECHO stuff no but, I will never ever but another piece again. I know I am just a drop in the well but, still. Oh and the dealer said he would knock the labor off if I bought blower from him to top it off. That was awfully nice of him don't you think. The F'er. I am done thanks.
This is why i run kaw

I am over workd and underpaid but maybe its my own fault
Old 11-19-2009, 12:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

If you know that you mixed gas and oil correctly, how could the dealer determine you did not? Do they have a CSI lab in the back? Seriously, why would the guy you bought the piece of equipment from, try and screw you and not want to warranty it?