Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-10-2010, 11:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I just sold my 16 footer and my 36". I know my buddy has a nice bobcat I believe hydro 48"... don't know all the details.. if you'd be interested pm me and ill get the particualrs from him
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-10-2010, 12:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys, not to knowledgeable on plants. I bought a book to read but basically it was "general" plants not specific to region etc.

I have a customer who has empty flower beds due to the house just being built. they want me to put what I want in it and what is low maintenance and adds some color.

Help on this would be great. I've been searching but still dumbfounded by all the plant oppstions.... I know I'll be planting them probably 1st, 2nd week in spring. I am looking to becoming more knowledgeable overall not just quick answers..

Thanks in advance
Old 03-10-2010, 12:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys, not to knowledgeable on plants. I bought a book to read but basically it was "general" plants not specific to region etc.

I have a customer who has empty flower beds due to the house just being built. they want me to put what I want in it and what is low maintenance and adds some color.

Help on this would be great. I've been searching but still dumbfounded by all the plant oppstions.... I know I'll be planting them probably 1st, 2nd week in spring. I am looking to becoming more knowledgeable overall not just quick answers..

Thanks in advance
Old 03-10-2010, 01:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

just a few quick tips

Perennials are better than shrubs cost wise long term

Pick shrubs (foundation plantings) that can be pick pruned and have a good growth habit. Avoid things that need sheared a pain to clean up and they look like crap in a few years.

low maint. perennials
grasses, sedum, coreopsis, daylilly, sage, salvia, carpet phlox, gailardia, coneflowers, carnations, asters, coral bells, also plant bulbs they are great for early spring,

Other favs, - hydraengas especially Tardiva variety, burning bushes, privets, spireas, thunder cloud plums these do well if pruned properly by hand from start to end.

Trees - jap maple, service berry, birch, crimson king maple, dogwoods, weeping cherry,

Sorry just a quick rant of a few of my favorites based on how our landscape maint is based.

Details make money!
Old 03-10-2010, 01:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks the home is 800k home. I'd say at least 10 yards of mulch. Thanks for the tips... that gives me a good idea... thank you very much
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-10-2010, 04:39 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

hey Metz get ahold of appealing landscape, they are from youngstown he was sellin out and was selling off all equipment.

join us on FACEBOOK www.facebook.com/ClarkLawnMaint
Old 03-11-2010, 08:40 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

i think i might go do some door hangers today. going to be upper 60's today

join us on FACEBOOK www.facebook.com/ClarkLawnMaint
Old 03-11-2010, 09:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I did post cards with magnets... in one neighborhood I stuck them on the post or the box... now I didnt know on the side of the mailbox was illegal but guess it is... he called bit*hed me out and told me he reported me to the postmaster.. .he sees another add and he is going to take legal action.

I think he's a competitor trying to scare me cause there is one landscape companie that lives in the neighborhood I believe and I think it was him... what jerks people are anymore get their feathers ruffled over NOTHING!!!! what do you want my magnetic postcard or some flyer in a bag with pea gravel and thrown in your yard???

This company LAWN CRAFT... everybody remember that name... they are advertising $23 cuts when I charge 33-48 in the same hood and there is a company that charges more than me... and in wetherington for those who know that place, its a $800k-$2mill neighborhood... yards good size right... $25 a freakin cut!!!!!!!!! how can anyone compete with that ****!!??

Sorry for the rant... just stressed out and tired of uptight assholes
Old 03-11-2010, 09:21 AM
LawnSite Member

bet that was a fun conversation . is the area posted as no solicitation ?
Old 03-11-2010, 09:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

No there are no signs. I told him I'm very sorry sir, can I get your address for a free cut when the season starts... he said no I cut my own lawn, I said ok, can I have your address so I don't stick another one on your mailbox... (lol) he said no I don't want you to know my address so you don't put another card on anybodys mailbox. I said well I'm sorry sir,he said I see another one of your adds I'm going to take legal action... click lol

What a ****** bag

Called my postmaster, told me yes it is illegal but if you don't interrupt our sergice, go ahead. He get s multiple complaints he said then hell ask me to stop... nice guy I think, got his name etc. Wrote down what he said.
Posted via Mobile Device