Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-11-2010, 09:43 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

people that claim they'll take legal action about mailboxes are ******rs. I've always thrown my flyers in the newpaper slot, talked to postmaster and they said nothing illegal about the mail box slot. and about 95% or more of homes with mailboxes have them. if there isn't, i wedge it under the box. Never had a complaint, and was actually infront of a mailman a few times and stopped them each time and all said they had no problem with what i was doin. Like you said, it was probably a competitor being a ******.

I'm going to do some work on the truck today since its nice out, then going to get a bunch of print work done for signs and uniforms. I'll put flyers out next week I think, still too early for alot of people to think about it.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

ya they are... what no life SOB is going to pick on someone trying to make a living...
Old 03-11-2010, 02:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

just got off the phone wife i believe's the guys wife that bitched me out yesterday telling me to go get a real job and not litter her mailbox and driveway... i said mam' sorry but i didnt put anything on your driveway... she said still go get a real job, i said how are you to tell me to get a "real" job when you dont even know me? her response, go to mcdonalds loser... i said mam' im 18 in high school trying to make it... she said get your ass and go to mcdonalds or a grocery store because all you do is litter and im calling the police... WTF is up with these people against me and im 1 of 10 people but im getting the wrath of this no life bastards... im sure most have had calls like this... but damn and they are all from PRIVATE numbers. No balls to call me with their real number or tell me even their house number so i dont do it again...

my response at the end was... mam' sorry for your hassle and I apologize in advance that you will most likely be seeing my postcard again sorry in advance. CLICK...

what a bit*h people are these days... oh lord its illegal to put something on a mailbox oh god give me a ****** break. This is what is wrong with America everybody is so damn sensative!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry for the rant just these people are going to kill my rep. Looks like no more advertising for me!!!

Last edited by Charles; 03-14-2010 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Language
Old 03-12-2010, 09:48 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

eh just keep putting them out. I've never had anyone call and complain but dont let that one stop you. Don't listen to the ******rs saying to get a real job either. If you stay professional and do a good job you'll be making more than them. I had a few friends say that to me when I first started, 2 are out of work and have been bums on unemployment for a year now and the other one got a $2 an hour pay cut just recently, yet I keep going up in sales every year and have at 23 what they barely have at 35.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:20 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

thanks for the advice... I'm gonna have a postcard blow out campaign this weekend lol hopefully after a few jobs lined up... two houses to mulch and one big landscape to estimate and get prices for etc
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-13-2010, 03:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

does anyone have an unlimited carfax account that could run a vin for me?
Old 03-13-2010, 05:28 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

No but I have a carfox! lol sorry those commercials crack me up
Old 03-13-2010, 07:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey I'm just wondering how you guys letter your enclosed trailers? I just got a 8.5' x 20' enclosed trailer and want to put the business name on it. I'm in the stow area thanks.
PUSH MOWERS LAWN BOY AND TORO PROLINE
All STILH
ENCORE 8HP PUSH BLOWER
VERMEER 630B STUMP GRINDER
Old 03-14-2010, 12:38 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

well never mind i bought one
Old 03-15-2010, 05:57 PM
LawnSite Member

JABBERS how much did you pay for your trailer im looking to get one and I also want to get it wrapped. The guy in my area wanted over 3 grand for wrapping but I found out you can get it online for about 800 and do it yourself....