Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-22-2010, 04:26 AM
LawnSite Member

did you guys start clean ups yet?????? SPRING TIME....
Old 03-22-2010, 09:10 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyguy$$ View Post
did you guys start clean ups yet?????? SPRING TIME....
i got 1 clean up done last week mulch and all . that property going on the market this week . i have a few more lined up to do .and think the rain this week going to get me mowing earlier this season . making me feel like im behind already.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Slit seeded my props, and hopefully lined up a sod job... guy stopped me while I was sit seeding and asked me to give him an estimate just down the road.hopefully ill get that job. About to send out a bid for 46 yards of mulch and 14 yards for the neighbor hopefully ill be busy on my spring break here in april!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-22-2010, 10:30 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Did 3 cleanups on Friday, got plenty more to do this week. NOT mulching yet, just getting the beds cleaned up and the yard back into shape. Alot of sticks and debris blown into them over the winter.

At this pace some could be cut later this week here im Columbus.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:34 AM
LawnSite Member

That's pretty much it in a nutshell. Word of mouth referrals is how I've gotten prolly 75% of my business.

I do some light local advertising, but 140/month for something I've never even heard of? No way.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:13 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Picking up fertilizer today, hoping to get it all put down this week and do a little aerating and rolling (yes not good but customers gets what they want). Some of you that have followed on Plowsite may know that ive been looking for a truck but now that is put on hold because a brother of mine purchased about 7 acres of ground and is going to need a utility tractor so i am going to purchase one with him. Planning on buying it new cs of 0% interest but hoping to find some used attachments for it.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I tried pushing aeration in the fall... all customers want it in April. Have 2 lined up so far
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-22-2010, 01:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

yay this is my last season of this scaping crap!!!! Trading in the lawn stuff for wrenches. It has gotten to the point of useless here in my area. Way way too many lawn jocks and not enough people wanting the work, which is driving the prices further and further in the toilet. Some flyers I saw with prices were less than I was charging in 1999 when I was 13!!!! 11 years of this and it just gets worse and worse every year. Lost several of my good places to either bad economy or someone doing it for 1/2 what I did it for. Screw em, didnt need them in the first place. I dont think yall understand how relieving it is to get out of this mess. I will be plowing in the winter still. Dont need to be a landscraper to be able to plow snow!!! And dont worry, I wont low ball the prices because Im not doing the lawn stuff any more.

When I get all done with the schooling, I will be more than happy to work on yalls trucks, plows, and equipment. I know the school wont teach me everything, but it will add to what I already know and can do. Cant let B&B take all the fame, lmao

So good luck to everyone this season!!
Old 03-22-2010, 06:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Yes Tom it does not pay to be in buisness for yourself anymore.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey guys I posted this in the other forum Plowsite. http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=101777