Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-24-2010, 09:13 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

well the calls are slowly starting to come in, plus two i lost to the local lowballer/dirtbag, i got back.

join us on FACEBOOK www.facebook.com/ClarkLawnMaint
Old 03-24-2010, 09:30 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

why you gotta call me names?
Old 03-24-2010, 12:35 PM
LawnSite Member

insurance

what kind of business insurance do you ohio boys keep? and how expensive is it? liability or do you cover equipment too? i have been out of business for 4 years and now i am back. just looking for input! thanks
Old 03-24-2010, 11:57 PM
LawnSite Member

million dollar insurance,plus insurance on all the equipment and trailers. im currently changing insurance il post back tomorrow when i find out the new proposal and let you know how much its costing me a year.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:39 AM
LawnSite Member

Hey what methods of advertising did you use as I am narrowing it down to just postcards and word of mouth?
Old 03-25-2010, 07:42 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG Management Solutions View Post
Hey what methods of advertising did you use as I am narrowing it down to just postcards and word of mouth?
my 1st season i kept an ad running in the local paper . now i just run on the word of mouth or if i find a place that i can have a ad for free on local websites .
The 1 time jobs like clean ups and things i keep them on file and send them a letter every year it pay en off this season . a few i mulched 2 years ago wanting mulched this year .
One thing i learned from getting clients from the local paper is getting mostly elder people .and it bothers me when i find out that they passed away. i up to like 4.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:46 AM
LawnSite Member

I use business cards and word of mouth. I also drive around to potential places, walk in and introduce myself and ask them if they would be interested in a quote. I try to scope the place out as best as I can before I go in so I can give them a quote on the spot. Do any of you guys mow cemetaries in ohio? If so what is a good way to quote one?
Old 03-25-2010, 08:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Services View Post
I use business cards and word of mouth. I also drive around to potential places, walk in and introduce myself and ask them if they would be interested in a quote. I try to scope the place out as best as I can before I go in so I can give them a quote on the spot. Do any of you guys mow cemetaries in ohio? If so what is a good way to quote one?
If the stones are above ground, and arranged in rows, and not too much open space, an acre an hour, with a 52-60 rider.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:03 AM
LawnSite Member

the whole thing is above ground stones, newer stones (4 acres solid) i can make 2 swipes down and back with my 54" walk behind w/ sulky in between the rows, the other 4 acres the rows get messed up with older stones and my mower could get lost! lots of weedeating 8 acres solid headstones. a $ /hour, /acre idea would help me a lot!
Old 03-25-2010, 09:08 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

cemetaries are a pain. make sure you figure extra time around holidays to blow each stone off really well. And your either bagging or mulching all year, which bagging 4 acres takes a while extra.

So how about I feel like crap! OMG my sinuses are going insane, i doubt I'm even gunna leave the house today it's whoopin my a$$ that bad.