Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-06-2010, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Ohio guys. Got a 50" Bad Boy ZT 50" rider with a 26 hp for sale. Low hrs, under 400? Will check. Well maintained. Asking 3200.00 firm. The reason for selling it is the girl that worked for me for 5 years, is not returning this year, and the guys prefer a stander, so it is not needed. This was purchased new April 2007.

Also, check this. We have been passing out flyers for the past 4 weeks. Two weeks ago, another landscaper was also passing out flyers. He calls the number on the flyer, the call rolls to my cell. Says, I am this address, if you're still in the area, come give me an estimate. I tell him I'll be right there. He's in the passenger seat with his employee driving, rolls up next to my truck and says I'm pulling his flyers off mailboxes. I tell him he's mistaken, which he is. He's trying to be a hardazz, young kid, I get it. I call some of my crew, they are there in a few minutes. He threatens to come to my house. What a tool. Calls me a hack, I've been in business for 17 years. This guy just won't qut. He calls my number, and having vonage, the caller id is displayed, and leaves incriminating messages on voicemail.

He calls me from his mother or mother in laws house and leaves a nasty message. What's really funny, is all the neighbors in that development are calling me to do their work.

I won't embarass him by mentioning the name of the company, but I hope he's licensed to squirt, cause he's advertising it on his flyers, and I sent a copy of it to the Ohio licensing agency.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncls View Post
Hey Ohio guys. Got a 50" Bad Boy ZT 50" rider with a 26 hp for sale. Low hrs, under 400? Will check. Well maintained. Asking 3200.00 firm. The reason for selling it is the girl that worked for me for 5 years, is not returning this year, and the guys prefer a stander, so it is not needed. This was purchased new April 2007.

Also, check this. We have been passing out flyers for the past 4 weeks. Two weeks ago, another landscaper was also passing out flyers. He calls the number on the flyer, the call rolls to my cell. Says, I am this address, if you're still in the area, come give me an estimate. I tell him I'll be right there. He's in the passenger seat with his employee driving, rolls up next to my truck and says I'm pulling his flyers off mailboxes. I tell him he's mistaken, which he is. He's trying to be a hardazz, young kid, I get it. I call some of my crew, they are there in a few minutes. He threatens to come to my house. What a tool. Calls me a hack, I've been in business for 17 years. This guy just won't qut. He calls my number, and having vonage, the caller id is displayed, and leaves incriminating messages on voicemail.

He calls me from his mother or mother in laws house and leaves a nasty message. What's really funny, is all the neighbors in that development are calling me to do their work.

I won't embarass him by mentioning the name of the company, but I hope he's licensed to squirt, cause he's advertising it on his flyers, and I sent a copy of it to the Ohio licensing agency.
Sounds like an intresting day.

I am over workd and underpaid but maybe its my own fault
Old 04-09-2010, 03:05 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

90 on tues and wed now snow on friday WTF

join us on FACEBOOK www.facebook.com/ClarkLawnMaint
Old 04-09-2010, 04:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.A.G LAWNCARE View Post
OUTLANDER when is the right time , bees are out ground is warm ? I dont know but I have them in my yard ...
J.A.G you can kill them if you see them with insecticides..... as it does work kinda on contact....but thats really the key though to treating for grubs, you gotta get them when they're at their shallowest depth to get to them thoroughly, because if not the insecticide don't last very long, and it has to get to them..........time frame is (late may - late august), but get em before they make it to beetles....by the way Dylox is killer!!.....right now is a good time to put a preventer though................
Old 04-09-2010, 05:33 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Grub control (prevention) should really be put down in late june or early july. Merit and mach2 are what you want for that and it's to kill off the new larva that come in late july which is the easiest time to kill em. Putting a prevention down now will just wash down and not do anything come july. Dylox like said above is the best killer and is tricky to use in early spring because the grubs are at their largest and normally not feeding yet too.

Honestly, I'll normally hit a lawn with dylox in may and tell the people to just let what it doesn't kill turn into beetles and get the prevention down in july. It's always easiest to prevent then cure, and cheaper.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

deffinately agree kc, but with these warm temps, and grubs coming up early.....early prevention don't hurt either, and i'm not talking a killer, but a preventer, which prevents alot of pests from wanting to infest the area, but yes still yet april is still a bit early, but soon into late may-june. This curbs grubs, cinch bugs, and whatever else sees a meal
Old 04-09-2010, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

these temps suck, like you said they'll make pests and weeds do bad things. with the 80's we saw this week all the weeds are already started and got a freaking jump on my pre-m treatments. More spot spraying next month i guess
Old 04-10-2010, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

im seeing crabgrass already, this year is going to be a mess

join us on FACEBOOK www.facebook.com/ClarkLawnMaint
Old 04-13-2010, 09:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Looking for some help with lawns mainly in medina county- about 40 biweekly accounts for the banks (foreclosures)

need to be detail oriented, pics before/during/after
Old 04-13-2010, 11:58 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

for those of you that remember my ebay issue with the dude that bought the e60 pump then pretty much told me he was hurting for money and wanted the refund. I just saw he left me negative feedback!!! After I freaking refunded his money and lost 15 bucks!

I sent ebay an email reporting feedback abuse lol. I went into this long letter saying how he called me a jerk in the feedback and how it has left me with emotional stress! LMAO! I said the government has been passing laws on cyber bullies, i feel this is an act of cyber bullying, does ebay support cyber bullying? lol we'll see if my new age liberal letter does anything.