Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-14-2010, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

busy day today, was at my last house and picked up 3 new yards. all this is from today.
Attached Images

join us on FACEBOOK www.facebook.com/ClarkLawnMaint
Old 04-14-2010, 11:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

what'd you do like 100 places!? I did 3 yards and didn't even fill up my bags! Almost everything i was at wasn't growing.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Well, I have not been o here in a long time. Grass is growing, the govt is taking money today and I got sunburn as well today. Life is good. I absolutely hate this season so far. I am about to go knock heads with people that still owe me snow money. Any body ever have a lawyer write a letter to them about it. I need to eat, drive out to the post office and give the govt my money. I actually got money back, but this darn estmaited payments are due today. I was not going to give them one dime until I had to.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Guys Long time no see, how are your seasons going? Found a good deal on a 32 inch scag if someone is looking for a smaller mower. http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/grd/1670845126.html I want a 32 inch hydro.

To have things you have never had before you have to do things you have never done before.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:50 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpp View Post
Well, I have not been o here in a long time. Grass is growing, the govt is taking money today and I got sunburn as well today. Life is good. I absolutely hate this season so far. I am about to go knock heads with people that still owe me snow money. Any body ever have a lawyer write a letter to them about it. I need to eat, drive out to the post office and give the govt my money. I actually got money back, but this darn estmaited payments are due today. I was not going to give them one dime until I had to.
i know what your sayin, i still have almost 8K out from snow. got a check today for $75 on a $650 bill. Guess im not supossed to eat this month.

Old 04-16-2010, 06:07 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Anyone ever just want to throw in the towel? I hate it when I lose accounts when I don't do anything wrong.

Lost one yesterday because the lady has an old retired guy being a handy man at her place so he's going to mow the lawn for $10, I got 34. That wasn't bad because it was a pushmow back yard and i hate that. Then today I pull up to a lady I've mowed for 3 years, it was done. Called her and shes like oh XX is doing it for 16, I was 29. This company has the best of every thing for equipment, advertises like mad and charges below lowballing.

Then last place of the day, new account first time doing it. Halfway through with the hell of a back yard, grass is 6" tall cus it hasn't been cut, it starts raining and the clutch for the blades quit on me so I couldn't engage them. Had to leave it half done, felt like a ****** telling them I had to come back.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:51 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

so yesterday im mowing a lawn, im in the back and i start smelling 2,4D. As i come around to the front there is TGCL spraying the lawn that i am mowing. went and told him to stop and wait til i was done, nope he had a quota to hit and didnt have time to wait or come back. he stated spraying again this time right were i am working. now im off the mower and in his face about it we argued for a good 5-10 minutes. finally he loaded up and left when i told him if he sprayed one more drop while i was working there i would cut his hose in half.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:34 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLARK LAWN View Post
i know what your sayin, i still have almost 8K out from snow. got a check today for $75 on a $650 bill. Guess im not supossed to eat this month.
My amount owed is 2 grand less than you. Just resent them statements and all. Called a couple and of course I get sent to accounts payable voicemail.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:42 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc2006 View Post
Anyone ever just want to throw in the towel? I hate it when I lose accounts when I don't do anything wrong.

Lost one yesterday because the lady has an old retired guy being a handy man at her place so he's going to mow the lawn for $10, I got 34. That wasn't bad because it was a pushmow back yard and i hate that. Then today I pull up to a lady I've mowed for 3 years, it was done. Called her and shes like oh XX is doing it for 16, I was 29. This company has the best of every thing for equipment, advertises like mad and charges below lowballing.

Then last place of the day, new account first time doing it. Halfway through with the hell of a back yard, grass is 6" tall cus it hasn't been cut, it starts raining and the clutch for the blades quit on me so I couldn't engage them. Had to leave it half done, felt like a ****** telling them I had to come back.
This year is worse for me in wanting to throw the towel in. I am just not enjoying it this year so far. I hope that changes though. Plus this past week I have been fighting a cold and some allergies with all this pollen. I have never had any issues with allergies either so yesterday I spent most of the day inside and I think I am going to do the same today. I feel just horrible right now. I hope feel better for tonight though, supposed to meet up with some friends.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey felas have not been on for awhile. We have been busy busy down here.
We are 3 weeks out for anything new. Got the new truck lettered and what a relief to have it as well. It is great to be two places at one time now. LOL.
Good luck guys hope everyone is doing well.

JOSH