Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-13-2007, 01:13 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

ANOTHER FLYER...WHAT DO U THINK?/Suggestions

going to have the fence repair changed to fences installed
any other suggestions
Attached Images
File Type: pdf the_lawn_shark[1].pdf (141.9 KB, 186 views)
Shindaiwa
Old 03-13-2007, 01:24 AM
LawnSite Member

You're giving away a lot of money for 10% of the rest of the year...Say a lawn is $50...thats $5 free dollars each week...Depending on your season you could be giving up another free mowing after all is said and done....

Just my .02

P.S. The flyer looks great...well laid out and really catchy...did you come up with it yourself?
Old 03-13-2007, 01:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

response to lurch

Lurch- Here's the best part..........When I go to give a estimate If I know in my head that I would charge 50.00$..then I qoute it for 56.00$.........that way if they dont use me after they get there "free mow" they atlest paid 24.00$ towards it and as far as the rest of the season they're paying what I wanted anyway.......Alot of the bigger department stores do this type of sales/advertising...................I came up with all the wording and layout the company thats printing came up with the art my logo needs some more work
Shindaiwa
Old 03-13-2007, 01:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

lurch.........

lurch heres some of my logos im working with as u can see they need some work
Attached Images

Shindaiwa
Old 03-13-2007, 01:46 AM
LawnSite Member

Personally i like the far right one...it's just missing something that i cant put my finger on....by the way...i had never heard of that pricing scheme...i'm gonna have to try that out...hmmm
Old 03-13-2007, 01:50 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

But do you see what you're doing? you are making a classic marketing mistake (actually two). Giving away a percentage afterward is useless. you are marking your rate up to do it...The idea is to offer an introductory price to ENTICE them. Sure, they may think for a half moment - "ok,...I'll be getting "10%" off this price"....But still,...you are showing them a high number (for you o be able to do it)...THIS is what will stick in their mind. Bottom line, is you are sacrificing new client potential by quoting a too high of a price just to compensate for you fake "10%" discount. well,...you have to remember...the customer will it as just this. They are getting other prices, too. the idea, is to offer a lower price as an introductory....That is something they plant in their mind. In yor case, it is the "5th cut free" gimmick - and that's ok if that's what you want to do...But DON'T show them a HIGHER price...Not in a service business like this. Also, for the fence thing? Just say Fences.

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

response for runner

thanks for the input i'll have to think about this some......
what if i changed it to 10% off other services threw-out the remainder of the year ie; hedge trimming/mulching/fencing/weed7feed....and then compensated my price to equal out accordingally
Shindaiwa
Old 03-13-2007, 02:04 AM
LawnSite Member

I do the 6th cut free personally but i'm against all other discounts....to many cheap people out there just looking for that low price...then they're late paying or something else goes wrong....i haven't been in this very long but i know a price shopper when i see one....
Old 03-13-2007, 11:41 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurch View Post
I do the 6th cut free personally but i'm against all other discounts....to many cheap people out there just looking for that low price...then they're late paying or something else goes wrong....i haven't been in this very long but i know a price shopper when i see one....
This is why you have a signed contract.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:34 PM
LawnSite Member

I don't understand the logic behind the fifth cut free. If you have cut their lawn for a month, and their grass is still growing why would they try to find somebody else? Do you think your free cut is enticing enough to attract customers or do you think they would be more likely to choose you if you just priced them a little bit cheaper? You could quote them cheaper because realistically they are just paying in advance for their free cut.