Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-13-2007, 02:53 PM
LawnSite Member

I need Help!!

Hello everybody,

I am starting my business this spring and I could use some advice. I have two accounts that I am not sure what my bid should be. The first is an apartment complex owned by a friend. He said the previous owner said it was a four to five hour account including cutting, trimming, and blowing clippings. I told him It would be @ $250.00 to $275.00 a week. The second is an office complex that is just under an acre plus trimming and maintaining the bed/parking areas including leaves in the fall. is $750.00 a month sound about right? I have a 36 inch zero turn mower for these jobs. I would hate to loose it for asking too much. Any help would be great.
thanks.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Anybody got any advice????
Old 03-13-2007, 03:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Run a search for the following issues!

I'm a newbie so I can't tell you how much but what everyone else will tell you is that you gotta estimate how long the job will take you, they'll ask you how far is it from your place of business or your house and estimate what kinda gas will be required to transport and then operate your equipment. Also, are you gonna be doing it by yourself? Are you registered with your state? Do you have liability for your company and have you told your auto insurance company about the vehicle you will be using to transport your equipment for commercial purposes, if so how much is it and how much do you need to make per hour to pay for that liability. In short you gotta look at your costs, consider how much you would like to make per hour, and find out what the market average is for your area, as well as a few other issues in order to determine a profitable and competitive price. There is a wealth of info on here but sometimes you gotta run searches to find it. Good Luck
Old 03-13-2007, 04:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey thanks. Yeah I am in the process of getting all of my ducks in a row to be legit with the state and for insurance on my vehicle and liability. My real concern is figuring out how long this job will take me when you factor in the maintanence of the beds and leaf removal in the fall, but giving a monthly estimate now. Travel time is not a big deal becuase I am keeping my equipment amout 2 miles away. This is tough to figure with little experience!
Old 03-13-2007, 05:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

So you are charging your friend almost $60/hr? TG or Brinkman would do those properties from 1/2 that amount all day long!
Old 03-13-2007, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the constructive criticism, what would you charge?