Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-06-2007, 11:54 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubirajara83 View Post
Have you seen those biz cards that are folded in half that look like money and when you pick it up and open ur ad is on it. If any one knows where to get those help me out.
http://will-print-it.com/index.asp
2010 Ferris Evolution 48" cut 20 Hp
Kawasaki Line trimmer
Br600 Backpack Blower
Stihl chain saw
Stihl MM 55 Yard Boss
Misc handtools

Pictures of my trailer here

Pictures of some Landscape and structures I've done
Here
Old 12-07-2007, 04:21 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Here's one for ya.
In our area we have many baseball fields for little leaguer's, and they all have like these big signs on the fence for companies to advertise for sponsorship. Just think about it.....If they are aways at the games with their kids, ( like we all have been there ) time for mowing the lawn is always short.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:15 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Here's one for ya.
In our area we have many baseball fields for little leaguer's, and they all have like these big signs on the fence for companies to advertise for sponsorship. Just think about it.....If they are aways at the games with their kids, ( like we all have been there ) time for mowing the lawn is always short.
I have a sign at the ballfield here. People have told me thry noticed it. For the low cost ($250 per year), I think it is a good way to keep your name out there.

Lawn care in Pensacola, Florida.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:39 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits View Post
I have a sign at the ballfield here. People have told me thry noticed it. For the low cost ($250 per year), I think it is a good way to keep your name out there.
Hi Grits....

Yeah, I have never used one before, but I may look into it this year.
Like I said in my post, I can remember many times ( with three kids in baseball ) wondering when I was going to find time to mow the grass. This was a long time ago before I got into this business. But again, this could make a lot of folks think about calling some one to mow it for them.

Another idea came to mind, how about at Halloween, give out your cards or flyer's to trick or treaters with candy of course. You know Mom will go through candy first to inspect. I know it would be kind of late in the season, but it wouldn't be the first new customer that I have picked up late.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:06 AM
LawnSite Member

makes me think of "A Christmas Story." "A COMMERCIAL?! A STINKIN COMMERCIAL?!" (referring to the decoder badge..The Halloween thing is a DIRTY TRICK to play on a kid, and I think parents would see that (as Im one..) Maybe HANDING a card to the parent at the door and candy to the kid.
Just trying to be lite here..over morning coffee..thanks for all the help here so far everyone!
Old 12-09-2007, 01:07 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Hi Grits....

Yeah, I have never used one before, but I may look into it this year.
Like I said in my post, I can remember many times ( with three kids in baseball ) wondering when I was going to find time to mow the grass. This was a long time ago before I got into this business. But again, this could make a lot of folks think about calling some one to mow it for them.

Another idea came to mind, how about at Halloween, give out your cards or flyer's to trick or treaters with candy of course. You know Mom will go through candy first to inspect. I know it would be kind of late in the season, but it wouldn't be the first new customer that I have picked up late.
I have thought about doing that. I don't think it's a dirty trick. The kids still get candy...just with a card attached to it.

Lawn care in Pensacola, Florida.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:36 AM
LawnSite Member

Use candy that has your info on the wraper. I once had a full size candy bar that announce a birth of a child.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Anybody ever pay for an entire billboard along side a state rd./highway?... for a lawncare company?? Just curious. Think this might be a dynamic marketing tool in a residential market. JoeDirt/SundanceKid (lawnsite.com)
Old 12-14-2007, 07:57 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancekid74 View Post
Anybody ever pay for an entire billboard along side a state rd./highway?... for a lawncare company?? Just curious. Think this might be a dynamic marketing tool in a residential market. JoeDirt/SundanceKid (lawnsite.com)
No, I have not, but that really sounds good if you can get one in the just right area.
Good idea!
Old 12-14-2007, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Those are extremly expensive to rent. The highway ones run around 5k per month in this area if i remember correctly.