Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-17-2007, 10:27 AM
LawnSite Member

Bidding 11 acre apt complex

I'm bidding an 11 acre complex. 18 buildings but only 140 units. Subtracting the buildings from the total sq. ft. I'm figuring I've got somewhere around 8 acres actual cutting. Since I'm new to this I have no idea what my cutting time is. I purchased a new 52" Toro z mower and a 40" toro wb w/sulky late last year. I haven't run any large yards yet. Each unit has double entries on each side of building. Lots of walks and trimming, but otherwise property is wide open. Is $1500 a wk way high for cutting, trimming and blowing? Also should bagging be added on? How long should it take to cut an acre on this equip? Thanks for your input.
Old 03-17-2007, 01:02 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I'm not sure without seeing the layout and not knowing how much trimming will be involved or how many employees will be working but your in the ball park maybe a little high but close. I would say $1,200 might be a little closer but without seeing it, it's hard to say. The mowing doesn't seem like it will take very long maybe 3-4hrs and the trimming & blowing might take you just as long depending on the property. Like I said without seeing it, its hard to say how much time and how much money.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Re: bidding 11 acre

I appreciate your help. I realize its difficult to answer without seeing the property. I think my bids are a little on the high side. I just didn't want to burn myself. The property is in a low income area. There is tons of trash and debris. (cans and bottles) I expect to spend some extra time in picking up before mowing. I hoped to use 2 guys on mowers possibly a third handling the trim/ blowing. Do you have any idea what's a fair price for bagging? Will a shortbed 2500 haul it? I was planning using the stake pockets and framing in the bed.