Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-26-2000, 11:53 PM
LawnSite Member

I was wounder if yours is at shops or did it out of your garage.Are the enclosed trailers good or bad maybe for security but what about accesiblity.I was storing mine in a shop until I sold it in December,I plan to build a 40x60 morton type this summer.One guy in town leaves everything in his yard and just about blocks the street w/ all of his junk, out of 4 trucks he has two are presentable and his trailers, he uses cups for his dust caps if they come off.Would just like to know where your equipment is at.<p>----------<br>T.J. Greenfield<p>
Old 02-27-2000, 12:05 AM
LawnSite Member

Tried editing post but wouldn't go through. Should have read, where is your equipment not ours,I sold the shops not my equipment<p>----------<br>T.J. Greenfield<br>
Old 02-27-2000, 12:11 AM
LawnSite Member

Have tried to edit four times but it won't go through. Should read your equipment is in a shop or your garage. I sold my shop not equipment.<p>----------<br>T.J. Greenfield<br>
Old 02-27-2000, 12:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

My new Lazer Z is in driveway with a tarp over it. Snowed on it today. Everything else is on unfinished additon(happens to have roof but no walls). At least I live on a secluded 5 acres in woods so no one can see. Wish I had a shop. But just moved here in October. So the driveway will have to do for now.
Old 02-27-2000, 12:38 AM
LawnSite Member

would enjoy the 5 acres w/ a shop to.<p>----------<br>T.J. Greenfield<br>
Old 02-27-2000, 02:36 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

There was a thread about this last month. Read my post. &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.lawnsite.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/chuck/bigtalker/discussion.cgi?forum=1&discussion=200&quot;&gt;CLICK HERE&lt;/a&gt;
Old 02-27-2000, 02:42 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

If your a small company, and you don't have a shop, I rented a one car garage at an apartment complex. Very stupid now that I look back on it. It was barely big enough, but I was able to back my trailer, leaving equipment on it, into the garage, and all my misc. equipment I didn't carry on the trailer everyday squeezed in the back. The way I see it now, I would probobly be better off buying an enclosed trailer. (the difference in trailer price is made up from the savings of garage rent. You still need somewhere to park the trailer though. Where I lived, all the old italian nags would have called the cops if it was parked in the street or driveway more than an hour or so, and I lived on a sucluded dead end. I'm jealous of you guys that live out in &quot;the woods&quot; because of this. Has anyone lloked into those &quot;instant garage&quot; things, basically a metal frame and a tarp material? The look pretty nice, but you need to build a floor or everything will sit on the ground. I'm babelling now so I'm going to sleep!<p>----------<br>&quot;guido&quot;<br>David M. Famiglietti
Old 02-27-2000, 03:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Guido,<p>You ought to see my &quot;shop&quot; Just moved here in October. Living in wife's uncle's trailer in woods, he had started an addition looks like a deck right now. Anyways I have my rollaway tool box on the deck, my torch, air compressor, chop saw, you name it it's out on the &quot;deck&quot; &quot;addition&quot; whatever you want to call it. I really miss my shop back home on my farm in North Dakota. We have discussed building a shop here, I wouldn't be paying for it. My wife's uncle would be. He's the landlord and a gearhead like myself. His reasoning would be to increase the value of the property. I really hope he decides to, but even if he does probably won't do me much good. The area I hope to service in the lawn care business is 40 miles away and I plan to move there within the next year. So for now, I'll be laying on my back in the driveway to work on stuff.
Old 02-28-2000, 09:59 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

we live near downtown, where lots of 'opportunist theives' lurk.So when an opening came up, I got into a lock-n-store it. There's basically only one in town that has room for a comm. trailer. 13' x 30' foot with entry door on one end, & garage door at other for $100 a month. Not bad, but would rather put that towards a better garage.<br>It wasn't until I had it locked up that stuff got stolen, but pretty sure it was someone I know.<br>Kept stuff at the house for the first few yrs., but had to move on when 20 ft. trailer wouldn't hardly fit up the shared driveway (ugh).<br>this will do for now.<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>
Old 02-29-2000, 09:52 PM
Banned

At one point we have tryed it all. Down part here its to expensive to have a nice shop. Plus the towns are real picky. We have stored in the you store it units. Out side and had 2 10x20 inside units. Had outside storage and rented a overseas container. Rented a old barn with added on shop in back of it plus had parking space for up to 20 trucks plus an area for mulch and soil. That was the best spot we have had. The other guy who rented the rest of the land decided to buy the land and build a new set up for himself. IT IS NICE. Now we have outside and a trailer and a shed we work out of. Hopefull soon a freind will buy the land and put up a building. Then we will have about 1500 sf. of inside space. But the price for that little space would cost me $ 1800 a month. We paid $ 600 for the barn set up. O yea I forgot 1 we rented out a old horse stable and walking range. It was always cold wet and muddy but it was cheap.