Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-19-2006, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Ultra Cut and Triton

I am sure this has been asked before but i need some help. I looked at the at your site but i still had a question. I have a 4 year old lazer with the ultra cut deck. I would really like to purchase a bagger for this unit for this fall but there is a good chance i may trade and get a new unit in the spring. What should i do ? Which bagger should i get?
Any help would greatly be apprciated.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:48 AM
Sponsor

If you are sure you are getting a triton deck soon, you could get the GCTRXL (the catcher for the triton deck) and use it on the ultra cut. It will ride low, but you could do a few fall cleanups just fine. You might need to do a couple of small things to get the catcher to fit tight. Give me a call at the office and I can give you a few pointers. I would not recommend doing this for long, as it won't be good for the catcher.

Peter Andonian, Lawnsite Sponsor
Accelerator Industries
http://www.AcceleratorIndustries.com
800-984-9410
Old 10-02-2006, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Peter:

Well my dealer is bringing me one home tomorrow. i noticed on your site for best results use high lift blades on bagger side only ... Do you mind going into more detail.

thanks for the help
Old 10-04-2006, 11:17 PM
Sponsor

The reason I recommend a high lift next to the bag and not on the other spindles is twofold. First, it takes about 1 extra horsepower to drive a high lift, on average. So on a three blade mower, you draw an extra 2 horse putting high lifts on the center and left spindle. Second, by having a set of normal lift blades on the center and left spindle, with a high lift next to the catcher, you will create a gradient in the air pressure under the deck. In other words, your airflow will accelerate as it moves from the low lift blades into the high lift section, giving better airflow under the deck. As the blades "hand off" the clippings, you want the blade recieving the clippings to be pulling them in, so they move faster as they go towards the catcher opening.

Accelerator Industries
800-984-9410
Old 03-17-2007, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
The reason I recommend a high lift next to the bag and not on the other spindles is twofold. First, it takes about 1 extra horsepower to drive a high lift, on average. So on a three blade mower, you draw an extra 2 horse putting high lifts on the center and left spindle. Second, by having a set of normal lift blades on the center and left spindle, with a high lift next to the catcher, you will create a gradient in the air pressure under the deck. In other words, your airflow will accelerate as it moves from the low lift blades into the high lift section, giving better airflow under the deck. As the blades "hand off" the clippings, you want the blade recieving the clippings to be pulling them in, so they move faster as they go towards the catcher opening.
Interesting. Would you recommend this even when not using a catcher?
Old 03-18-2007, 04:48 PM
Sponsor

I don't see why this would not work well without a catcher. It might be useful in avoiding blowout at the front of the deck, or dropping of clippings between the blades in really heavy mowing conditions.

Accelerator Industries
800-984-9410
Old 03-19-2007, 12:03 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thank you for the reply.

It is an interesting idea. Maybe I will give it a try this summer.